Hercules

Chapter Four

Noah White walked into English class early on Monday morning, mere seconds after I showed up. He strolled in, his hands in his blue jeans and his face sporting a lazy grin. His blue eyes sparkled as he found me and I couldn't stop my laughter, throwing my hands over my face and collapsing forward.

     Noah slid into the seat next to me and pushed our desks together. "What do you think? Does it make me look too tough? I don't want people mistaking me for the hooligan type."

     He nervously touched the large white Band-Aid covering his nose and looked at me with worried eyes.

     I snorted and let out a choked laugh. "You look like you got a nose job."

     His eyes narrowed. "I did get a nose job." He paused then exclaimed. "By some psycho redhead that has unnatural and deranged instincts!"

     "Hey!" I cried. "I thought we came to the conclusion that this whole incident was your fault?"

     "That was before you made me look like a ruffian." Noah crossed his arms and his lips tilted into a frown.

     "Ruffian? Who says that?"

     He looked at me with a serious expression and took one of my hands in his. "I don't think we can continue like this, Wendy, your abusive and I can't stand for it any longer."

      "Continue what? We didn't start anything to discontinue."

      He puffed a breath through tight lips and turned his head to look at Mr. James. "She won't let me go, sir. I just don't know what to do. I mean, do you see this?" He pointed to his nose. "She did this to me. I just never thought our relationship would come to this, you know? Like, you think you know somebody." He shook his head in disappointment and looked back towards me.

      I didn't let Mr. James get a word in. "What?!" I cried. "I met you on Thursday! We're not freaking married for Goodness sake - and its Carly." I added at the end, glaring at him.

      He looked back to Mr. James. "This is the type of denial that ruined our relationship." He whipped back to me. "What is it, Wendy? Are you ashamed of me?"

      I smiled with all teeth. "I'm going to give you a black eye to match that broken nose if you don't shut up, you stupid Disney boy."

     Noah swallowed and turned to Mr. James, putting his hand in front of his face and stage whispering. "I think this is when you call the cops."

     Mr. James stared at both of us and blinked. "I'm going to get some coffee and try to figure out what the hell just happened."

    I slapped Noah on the arm as soon as Mr. James left the room. "Look what you did! I came here early to ask him a question about something actually relevant in this world, like maybe a new sitting arrangement or how to cut someone's tongue out while their awake, but you scared him off with your stupid antics!"

     "You're a very violent and angry little person." Noah noted calmly, going through his books on his desk and doodling.

     I'm going to kill him. I'm seriously going to kill him.

     I breathed out deeply then breathed back in. I turned around in my seat and crossed my legs, efficiently turning my back to him. I opened up my books and flipped to a blank page, trying to make it look like I was doing something really important when really, I was doodling various different smile faces. They were very indebt though, and damn good if I say so myself.