Peter Pan

Talk Disney to Me

                all тнe world ιѕ мade oғ ғaιтн, and тrυѕт, and pιхιe dυѕт,” 

                                             -Peter Pan 

It's a Disney kind of story.

Chapter One

On December 25th, 2013, my mom was taken off life support and died. She had been in a coma for the past six months and I suppose I might've adjusted easier if I hadn't known that she had done it to herself.

     She overdosed on medication but the doctors claim that she took the exact right amount for her body to be comatose, not dead. This led them to believe that it was her intention. I should be relieved by this; she didn't kill herself after all. I would've been, if she had planned on waking up. The pills didn't kill her; they just placed her in an everlasting coma.

     To say I was slightly bitter would be an understatement. My mother left me drowning in bills and dept, no money to pay rent let alone any for college. I would apply for a scholarship but my grades are mediocre at best. I also view reading action books and re-enacting scenes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer as 'physical activity.' So, sports scholarship is out of the question.

     This is why, on a Thrusday night at ten o'clock, I was at the library two blocks from my apartment flipping through old books that would hopefully give me a spell to summon a crossroads demon so I can sell my soul and drowned in good riches. Y'know, before my ass is hauled off to hell.

     I think the three shot coffee my sister Becky picked me up is going to my head. Yes, there is definitely something wrong with my head right now. 'Right now' as in always.

      I flipped to another page and took a large sip of the brain-melting addicting cup of goodness, my leg bouncing uncontrollable under the desk. I am such a badass right now. Drinking coffee that would ultimately damage my growth (not that I was going to grow anymore, I am seventeen. Though I would appreciate a few more inches) drinking coffee when there is a sign two feet from me that says No beverages, and, worst of all, looking for a spell to summon a demon. Yes, I am the definition of badass.

     "Miss, the library closed five minutes ago."

     I paused, staring down at a page of a disturbing demon ripping the skin off an overweight human. I looked up, forcing a smile on my face as I stared at the librarian.

     "Sorry, I'll check this book out and leave."

    "I'm sorry, ma'am, but the library closed five minutes ago. I cannot check out a book for you." She pushed a piece of hair back in her too tight bun.

    "But," I stumbled out. "I'm here and you're here, the computers still on; I can hear it from here. You can still check the book out."

     "No," She repeated, looking down at me from her filthy glasses. "I cannot. Now, please leave."

    "You don't understand!" I cried, pushing the book in her face. "I need this book."

    "Miss," She said, stepping away from me and full on scowling. "There are few things we need in this life and that book is not one of them. Now leave or I will be forced to call the authorities."

    I swallowed and backed away, the book still in my hand. I quickly gathered my stuff from the table behind me, shoving my papers and pens in my bag before yanking it over my shoulder.