Mulan

“Dishonour! Dishonour on your whole family! Dishonour on you! Dishonour on your cow!”

                                                                                     -Mushu

Chapter Three

Noah White has become my official stalker. He's everywhere. Like, literally, everywhere. Yesterday, I went to the local Wal-Mart and bumped into him in the frozen aisle. I seriously turned around and awkwardly jabbed my elbow into his side before ungracefully clinging to a pile of frozen macaroni containers to maintain balance. The day before, I caught him looking at me from across the aisle of the library. The library in which I returned the book I stole, after apologising thoroughly to the librarian. Turns out she didn't even remember me but it still felt good to return the book.

     I was dreading Monday and having to face Noah again during English class. My English class with my English teacher. Not Noah White's

     I scowled at my now cold ramen noodles and shoved a spoonful in my mouth. I hadn't bothered getting dressed today, taking Sunday as my 'do nothing but eat and watch cartoons and movies about vampires that serve no educational purpose' day.

     Becky was working at the diner till late tonight so I had absolutely no one to tell me too not to sit around all day and damage brain cells by staring  at a screen and ultimately gaining a butt-freeze from sitting for too long. Not today. No sir.

     A loud shrill ringing sound had me falling over myself, spilling my ramen noodles and diving to the floor where I left the phone under the Harry Pottercollection and a pile of school notes.

     "Hello?" I huffed, wrinkling my nose as I picked a wet noodle of my stomach.

     "Hey," Becky's slightly breathless voice sounded from the other line with loud clattering background noises. "Are you doing anything tonight?"

     "Does eating and watching sci-fi count as anything?"

     "No." Becky answered blandly.

     "Then no, I'm free."

     "Good," There was a clatter before more shuffling. "I need you to pick up a history book for me at the library, I forgot to get it and it'll be closed by the time my shifts over."

      I let out a loud and overly dramatic groan. "Oh my God, do I have too?!"

      "Stop being a whiny b!tch and get up off you're a$$ and get the book for your sister."

     "Fine," I pushed myself into a sitting position and sniffed. "But only because you asked nicely."

     "Thank you." Then a click sounded before the annoying and loud buzzing sound signaling she hung up.

     I huffed and threw the phone away, pushing myself to my knees before struggling to my feet. I was half way to the door before I realized, looking down at myself.

      "Shit," I mumbled, "Guess I should put on pants."

     I stumbled my way through the war zone that we called our living room and carefully stepped over the fallen bowl of ramen noodles that didn't make it, reminding myself to pick it up later.

     I pulled on a pair of yoga pants and tamed my curls into a messy bun before trying for the door once again.

     The night was cold, yet again and I stumbled my way through the streets, shoving my hands into my jacket. I took a different route than normal, one that was surrounded with tourists and business people covering each and every side of the street. The incident from earlier put me on edge and made me more than a little bit uneasy. I jumped at the slightest sound and my heart accelerated at any men with hoods.