Chapter 1: Rescue

Skye POV

"Skye, come on! You need to get up!" My roommate/best friend Carly tells, causing me to roll and fall out of my bed.

"What? What's going on?" I ask, getting up and putting my blankets back onto my bed before pulling some decent clothes out of my dresser.

"A family is coming to adopt one of us today!" Carly says excitedly, and I smile sadly. "Maybe they'll pick you!"

"I think we all know that they won't pick me. They'll probably pick you, because you're way better than me." I reply, shooing Carly out so I can get dressed before slipping on my shoes and running downstairs.
•••

"So what I'm basically trying to say is I just want you all to act natural. Read, draw, write, watch T.V, do what you normally would." Mrs. Blackwell says, and we all nod before breaking apart. I head to the living room to watch some T.V.

As I'm scrolling through the channels, I see Supernatural. Yes! My favorite T.V show. I click on it, and it's season four episode one, "Lazarus Rising."

I hear somebody walk in, and I quietly shush them. On the T.V screen, Dean is seeing Sam for the first time since he got out of hell, and Sam's girlfriend Ruby just came to the door.

"I take it your a big fan of the show huh?" A voice says, and I snap my head up, and try my hardest not to do a fangirl squeal. Jared Padalecki and his wife Genevieve, who plays Ruby, are both standing right in front of me.

"I am so sorry I shushed you guys." I apologize, getting up and shaking Jared's outstretched hand, then doing the same to Genevieve. "I didn't mean to be rude."

"You're okay." Genevieve tells me, and I smile.

"So, have you guys decided who to adopt yet?" I ask, just being curious.

"Actually yes, we have." Jared says, smiling at me. "You were the perfect kid for our family, so Gen and I have decided to adopt you."

"Thank you guys so much." I say, grinning widely. "I'll go get my stuff."

I run upstairs, quickly shoving everything I own which consists of some clothes, a few hair ties, a brush, my toothbrush, my toothpaste, a few notebooks, and like three pencils, then I throw it all into my duffle bag before running back downstairs where Jared and Genevieve are waiting for me.

(Jared and Gen's family car)

"Come on kiddo, let's go home." Jared says, and he takes my bag and puts in in the car for me before we all get in. I look in the very backseat, and see two booster seats, and a car seat next to me.

"You have two brothers, Tom and Shep, and you have a littler sister, Odette." Genevieve tells me, looking at me through the rear view mirror.
•••

We pull up to the driveway, and I look at the front of the house with secret awe.