Chapter Fourteen | Is Darkness Inevitable?

Pic Jack.

--------------------------------

Mason pov.

I saw Daniel's eyebrows go up. It has to be a shock for him. I mean, first, his father wants to kill him, and now almost everyone else too.

Lana looked to the ground in thought, and Jack looked at June like she was making an unamusing joke. June, on the other hand, just looked at them blankly. I wasn't surprised as June had told me this morning.

I woke up with June rolled in a ball while sleeping on me. I had smiled to myself, enjoying her peaceful face, hoping I could see her smile again really soon, but as soon as I tried to move, she woke up and jumped off me and didn't come near me again.

Her emotionless face was on again. I already know that I was never going to give up on her. I am going to make her feel safe, loved, and so much more. And maybe, in the future, I can get a taste of her perfect lips. Right now, though, I am going to try and make her smile again. My mind was snapped back at the conversation by Daniel's voice.

"So, if what you say is true, I need to go and train, don't I?"

"Not only you, but your whole pack needs to. I would start with the training right now if I were you, and you need to keep your pack close and your mates even closer." June answered.

"I would like to help train your pack, to show I have no bad intentions because I know for sure that has crossed your mind." Now, I was the one to be surprised. It didn't even cross my mind that they thought she would be a bad person, but that could have had something to do with her being my mate. Daniel looked deep in thought for a few moments before he nodded. Then, he took the lead.

"Okay, people, this is how we are going to do this. I call the pack through pack link and say to them that they have to be at the garden of the pack house for training. All people from eight to fifty-five already have once a week training. Now, we are going to bring that to six times a week. For two to five hours a day. Mason, June, some others, and I are going to give the wolves training. Jack, you will train June because she has absolutely no experience at fighting. We three are going to get sport clothes. June and Mason, I expect you two to be there in twenty minutes."

Daniel stood up, Jack and Lana following his lead. I looked Daniel in the eyes and nodded, tell him that we will be there in time. The three of them turned around and walked away, all of them deep in thought. After a while of just sitting there, I looked at June and spoke.

"I want to introduce you to someone." She looked at me with one eyebrow upwards. I jumped up and so did June. She was wearing my clothes. Her sport pants hung loosely around her hips even though she tied the strings tightly, and her shirt was one without sleeves. When I wore that t-shirt, it was tight around me, but with her, it hung loosely around her because there were no sleeves, I could see her nice abs. She didn't have abs like a bodybuilder but not like schoolgirls either. They were perfect, just like the rest of her. Her cough brought me out of my thoughts, and I realized that I was staring at her.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help it. You are just so perfect," I said with a big grin on my face. I saw her cheeks tint a little bit pinker. I turned around and went to the garage. She followed me and when we were there, I turned around and announced with pride, "This is my bike, Betsie." She walked up to Betsie and let her fingers softly go over my bike. Normally, I would shout at people who touched my bike, but with her, I didn't mind.

She turned to me and smiled a little, simply saying, "Nice."

In my head, I did a happy dance because I made her smile. I grabbed Betsie and started her. "Get on," I said to June. She swung her leg around Betsie and pulled her arms around me. I let the motor roar, and we quickly sped away from my house. The pack house wasn't far away, but I made an extra round because I loved the wind in my hair, and I loved June's arms, loving the sparks that she sent up my spine. I enjoyed the moment, but too soon we came to our destination.

I was curious about what the others would think about June. Not that it meant something, I am going to be with her until the end. I parked Betsie, and we got off. We walked to the garden, but just before we walked inside, I grabbed June's hand. She tensed but didn't pull away.

June pov.

He smiled reassuring to me, and I relaxed. I wanted to hold his hand forever. When we came in the garden, everybody was already talking, and some of them were even fighting. We walked up to Daniel who just stared at our clasped hands before he spoke, "Jack and Lana are already training. I'm doing group A, Mason train group B, and June will do C, but, Mason, before you begin, watch June for a little while to make sure she's doing right."

With that, he walked away. Mason turned to face me, a smile on his face. "Come and follow me to your group."

When we arrived there, two guys were already fighting. They were pretty good but not nearly as good as me. "Guys, come around," Mason shouted to the people. It was a group of twenty teenagers with the age of around 15. "This is June, and she is going to train you."

There began some buzz around this news. And then one of the guys who was fighting shouted. "She's a girl, and I have never seen her before. I bet she's not even good at fighting." While his buddy nodded, I saw Mason become angry, but before he spoke, I spoke.

"Okay, I have a bet for you. You two fight me and if you win, you can do whatever you want, and if I win, you'll listen to me without complaints."

The buddy of the guy began to laugh and answered snarkily, "Sure we'll fight you." This might be the pack of the US-alpha, but not all of them are smart.

We got in fighting modes, and as predicted, the guys attacked first. I dodged them without a problem. Again and again, the two guys attacked, but I dodged them like they were little pups. I hear often that if I do this, it will look like I am dancing. The guys began to become angry, and I know that if I didn't finish them fast, they would turn wolf, and fighting them at that point would be harder.

When I dodged their punch, I hit one of the guys harshly in the stomach. He grabbed where I hit him, and I could use his body as a step to do a flip and land on the other guy's shoulders. I used my weight to work the guy to the ground. I turned his arm on his back, and soon, he was using his free hand to slap at the ground meaning he surrendered. I turned around to the other guy - who stood up again - and ran up at him, kicking his feet from underneath him. I pulled his arms behind his back as well and soon he was tapping out. For me, this was an easy fight. Group C was quiet and bowed their heads in respect.

When I looked, I saw that Mason was looking proud and turned on at the same time. A little smile came on my face, but my smile was soon pushed off my face.

This entire pack will soon learn not to disrespect me. I may show them mercy, but I will kill the enemy without a second thought. If they knew what was coming for them, they wouldn't even smile.

I am going to try and protect this pack, but some things I just can't tell them because all people have a dark side. Mine happens to be darker at night.