Chapter Twenty-One | Silent Killer

Jack POV

Pain. That was all there was, pain.

Somewhere in the background, I heard my sister yelling. It felt like my soul had been dragged through hell and back. It felt like there was a piece of darkness inside me. I would never forget what I had seen in that darkness, all the pain and loss, but I don't think I could tell them.

How can you tell the ones you love that you will never be able to protect them? How will you tell them that you had seen the end of everything?

June's POV

Lana and Daniel hurried to the hospital while Mason and I stayed here.

"So, you have a fiancé," Mason opened the conversation.

"Yes, and he's a jerk."

"But still, why didn't you tell me?"

"Well, because it didn't really matter, and we've got other things we need to worry about." I knew why he was a little upset, but he still shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

'Help! Vampires," we heard a pack mate scream through our pack link. Well, great, that's what we need right now, I thought sarcastically.

Daniel asked Mason to take care of the problem as they had their own problem on their hands. Mason's face turned serious, and he began assembling fighters. He told them to meet us there.

We swiftly hopped onto his motorcycle, and he sped through the streets. When we got there, half of the fighters were there already. I stepped off the motorcycle and checked how many bullets were left. There were five. With a click, I unlocked the safety panel.

The first unusual thing I saw when I turned the corner was that the vampires weren't moving. That was weird because most of the time, their master simply tell them to attack. Oh, right, maybe I should explain vampires first.

Vampires aren't like the vampires you read in a book. The real ones resemble zombies. They walk around without thinking and grab the first thing they can sink their teeth in. There aren't very many vampires left, but when they get you, you're as good as dead. There is one strange thing about vampires. They always have to be controlled by someone. As the population of vampires decreased, so did the population of the masters. Most of the time, their master is close to give them orders- just as this one was. He stood in the middle with vampires surrounding him. He didn't look like he was planning to attack, the vampires were probably there to show his power.

"Who's in charge," the master shouted. It was a man with dark hair and dark eyes. He seemed to be in his early forties.

"I am. What the f*ck are you doing here," Mason shouted to him.

"Ah, you're the beta. Well, it doesn't matter. I am Drake Abque. I am here because you hurt my little girl. I really don't have time for a slaughter, so here is my proposal. Daniel will marry Chelsea, and Jack, Lana, and June will be killed.

Mason growled loudly. "That's not going to happen."

"This June girl is your mate?" His eyes shot to me, looking deep in thought.

"I know you from somewhere, but what was it?" I looked at him, and in a split second, a deep hidden memory came up. He looked like he remembered it too.

"So, you also take care of mass murders here. That was some serious sh*t you pulled back then," He said to me.

"The deal is changed. Daniel will still marry my little girl, but nobody will die. The silent killer will work for me instead." He signaled the vampires. They followed him as he started to walk away.

"Tomorrow, I expect all the people involved in this to be here, or people will die," He shouted over his shoulder.

We watched him leave. After that, people started to ask questions, but Mason told them to shut up. He didn't ask me anything while we drove to his place. I felt all the memories come back - all the blood, all the death, all my family. He hugged me tightly while we stood in his living room.

At first, it did nothing to me, but slowly, I felt his warmth and felt like something broke- a dam of sorts. For the first time in a long time, I was crying.

Lana POV

I don't know why, maybe it was because of what Jack just told us, but I could feel the tension growing. I knew it with everything I had. I knew it was about to begin soon, and I began to start doubting a good ending.