Chapter Twenty-Four | The Final Straw

Hey just three quick things.

First of all, I wrote a new book (well atleast the first chapter) it's a boyxboy so if you're okey with that please check it out, and let me know what you think. It's called HE.

Secondly, this chapter is dedicated to @Jada_xx_1331 because she came up with the idea of this chapter. So thanks to her i am updating. ;)  since i am having exams now its not a long update but I still hope you like it.

And last, I am thinking about writing another short story (after my exams ofcourse)  so if you have a great idea let me know!

that's all, I HOPE YOU LIKE IT.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Lana's P.O.V.

It's been three days since Jack disappeared. Daniel and I could barely sleep, and we both didn't eat much. We were too focused on finding Jack.

"I can't take it anymore, Lana. I just can't," Daniel spoke while almost pulling his hair out in frustration. We were sitting in his living room, brain-storming about where he could be.

"I know. I feel the same way."

We had looked everywhere, but there was no trace of him, and since he was technically human now, we couldn't open the mind link and ask him where he was. If he was still alive.

I know I shouldn't think that way, but he just lost so much blood. I felt desperate, and it felt like every bone in my body was weighed down. If it wasn't for Daniel, I would be curled up in the blankets, trying to escape life. I know I should be strong, but I just didn't have the energy for it.

I do try to stay strong, putting all my energy in smiling to Daniel so he didn't have to worry about me. I think he knows they are fake, but his are too so we both chose to ignore it. Daniel stood up and put his arms around me, pulling me into a tight hug. I responded with just as much force, clinging to him like he was the last thing standing in a flooded world.

'Alpha we have his scent,' an excited voice shouted through the mind link.

'Are you sure? Where?' Daniel replied, hope sweeping in his voice.

'We're ninety-nine percent sure at the West border.'

Daniel and I looked at each other before sprinting outside the door. We quickly shifted, not caring that our clothes were completely destroyed.

We both kept on running at full speed, even when the distance between us grew bigger. I didn't mind that Daniel kept on going. The sooner one of us was beside our mate, the better. From a distance, I saw Daniel shifting and throwing himself at someone. Jack.

He was alive, and he was here. I came at a stop behind them and quickly shifted. Although I really wanted to touch Jack again, still I waited until they were done kissing. When they were finally done, Jack turned his head to me,

"Oh, hey, Lana," He said with a lazy smile. I felt a pang in my chest for not getting the same greeting as Daniel had. I quickly got rid of the thought. I was probably just irritated because of my lack of sleep.

"Where have you been, Jack," I asked, desperate for an answer.

"Sorry, I can't tell you," he said back while giving me a smile, but this time, his smile didn't make me feel better, quite the opposite.

It was the last drop I needed to snap. "What," I questioned disbelievingly.

"I can't tell you. I'm sorry, but I can explain why I can't tell you."

"Are you kidding me? We have been searching for days, and what do we get? A 'Oh, hey' and a secret? Are you f*cking sh*tting me?" I was getting angrier with every word I spoke while Daniel stared at Jack.

"Maybe we should just listen to him," Daniel said.

"Are you two kidding me," I nearly screamed in frustration. I turned around while mumbling, "Unbelievable ass-holes," and storming off.

"Don't be like that, darlin'. Just calm down so I can explain," was Jack's desperate attempt to calm me down.

"Just leave me alone for a while," I replied without stopping or turning around.

When I knew I was far enough away, I let my tears run free. I knew I wasn't being reasonable, but the lack of sleep, the stress, the lack of food, and all my worries just took a toll on me. Even the smallest of things could set me off. I sighed lightly. "Okay, Lana, I give you twenty minutes to calm down and return to them," I spoke to myself.

June's P.O.V.

I was happy they found Jack. Those three were nice people. Meanwhile, Mason and I have been working on a plan to make our pack even more secure- which was what Mason was doing right now. Forming a plan, that is.

While I was reading the book about witches which we got from the doctor, no one had found the time to read this thoughtfully. Since she was apparently my mom, I decided to read it myself.

Witches were bad-ass creatures, and you better not piss them off was most of the contents in the book. But nothing sparked my interest until one headline made my eyes grow wide. Witch's children.

I quickly read the paragraphs. I was sure my eyes were growing bigger and bigger with each sentence I read.

"Are you okay," Mason asked me, concerned after noticing my odd behavior. I put my finger in the air to stop him from talking and continued reading. When I was done, I checked again if I had read it right.

"I know how to put an end to our witch problem," I spoke breathlessly to Mason.

"Does it involve you and something dangerous," he asked wearily.

"Oh, absolutely," I said excitedly.

Lana's P.O.V.

"Alright, your twenty minutes are up, Lana," I said to myself, gathering my courage. I took a deep breath and turned around, but before I could take a step, I felt fingers touch my forehead while a familiar voice said, "Sleep well, darling."

'Seriously, can't there just be one day without someone getting kidnapped,' was my last thought before the world was absorbed by the darkness.

Mr. Vague's P.O.V.

I hope he is alright. I knew I shouldn't have carried that little bit of hope when I let him make the choice. It's just, I've been alone for such a long time that it was nice to have some company.

On top of that, he was good company and not that bad looking either. I hope my mate has some good looks when I meet him/her, but I am sure she/he will look good even when the rest of the world doesn't think that. Most important to me is that he/she will love me and won't hold the past against me.

Secretly, I always longed for them, but I guess I will find them when the time is right. First things first, I need to go and kill a bitch.