Chapter Eight | Two Rules Broken

picture of Jack

---------------------------------------

Lana's P.O.V

When his heart stopped beating, I couldn't stop thinking 'no, no, no, no, no.' I vaguely heard Jack scream and repeat the words I was thinking out loud.

The rest seemed like a fever dream I couldn't escape. Everything was moving too fast for me. The paramedics came in and took Daniel from us. Two had to hold me back and I screamed and begged for him. Another came up, placing defibrillators on his chest to jumpstart his heart. I watched his back arch from the flow of electricity, screaming relentlessly.

Then, his heart began to beat again.

The paramedics let me go, and I quickly grabbed Daniel's hand, muttering his name repeatedly. This day was just extreme.

Then, they picked Daniel up, and I growled at them. I wanted to hit them for taking my wounded mate away. I felt two strong arms around my waist, and I felt sparks. I turned to Jack, silently begging for him to help. In response, he muttered reassurances in my ear. "I don't like them taking my mate away either, but there is nothing we can do about it. They need their space if we want Daniel still alive by the end of the evening." I calmed down and slumped in Jack's arms.

He looked just like me, a freaked out and ready to cry. I placed my arms around his neck and pecked him on his cheeks. We stood there for a minute just seeking comfort in a hug.

Mason spoke up, ruining our moment. "I knocked his father out again. What are you going to do with him, Jack?" I felt Jack's body tense up and I gripped at him harder so he wouldn't go kill someone.

I had no idea what Daniel's father had to do with this, but right now, all I knew was I needed to take care of Jack. He needed me just like I needed him a moment ago. We had to prevent each other from breaking down. I had to be the strong one right now. Jack began to relax when I began to rub circles on his neck.

"Throw him in the dungeon. I'll take care of him another time." A few moments later I heard the door close.

"Should we go to the hospital," I questioned Jack. I looked up to see his face laced with hurt, not because of me, but because of Daniel lying in the hospital. I don't know what happened, but I think he blames himself. I placed a soft kiss on his lips. He leaned in a little bit before he pulled away and pushed his forehead against mine.

"Come, we are going to visit our mate in the hospital," he spoke solemnly. He grabbed my hand, and we walked outside together and got in his car. He really had a nice car. It was a black mini.

I wondered what Mason was going to do after he threw Daniel's father in the dungeon. I hope he was going to come to the hospital. To say the truth, I could use a friend. Mason didn't know yet, but I already considered him my friend, my first friend.

It was odd to think that I woke up as an omega with three rules: don't ever ignore orders, stay under the radar, and never ever get in touch with the alpha, beta, or third in command. Well, I hadn't broken the first rile, but I don't think that's going to take long before I break it too.

Now, I am sitting in a car with one of my mates, riding to the hospital to go visit my other mate whose chest was almost ripped open and who died.

Wow, what a day.

I think Jack sensed my sadness because he placed his hand on my leg and began to rub circles. I shivered a little bit at his touch. I think he noticed because I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye. I just rolled my eyes in response, although it was nice to see him smile.

We finally arrived at the hospital and walked inside. Like most hospitals, this one was white all over. The only different thing was the people inside. They were all werewolves. Jack spoke to the old lady who was at the bar. "We're looking for the alpha."

She bowed to him before answering, "he's in room 4-2." That meant at the 4th floor and at the second room.

"Thank you." We silently made our way to the elevator. Once inside, we had to listen to the terrible music it constantly played.

We arrived at the 4th floor and made our way to the second room. Before the room stood a doctor looking through some papers.

"Hello, doctor, can you tell us how the Alpha is doing," Jack asked calmly. I found it weird he could be calm right now because my wolf and I would rather smash to door into pieces to get to our mate.

"He is doing well. He is surprisingly recovering very fast, even for an alpha. If he goes on like this, he may be awake by tomorrow. This is not usual, so I'll tell you about what I found out another time." A big smile formed on mine and Jack's faces.

He might wake up tomorrow.

"Can we see him?" I asked shyly.

"Yes, you can, but I can't allow a whole group of young kids around here." I only nodded at him. Jack and I quickly entered.

Daniel was the only one in the room. He still looked awful and beautiful at the same time. Luckily, he looked a little better than before. We both took a seat. There were a few moments of silence and us watching Daniel breathe slowly.

"Lana, I'm really happy you are here with me. I think I would have broken down without you." Jack spoke honesty while looking into my eyes, something that seemed to be common with us.

"Me too," I said quietly to him. Then, Jack leaned in and our lips touched. I felt sparks explode in my stomach. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips harder against his. Jack's arms snuck around my waist and pulled me on his lap. I opened my mouth a little bit to let him in. He took the change happily, and I felt him smile against my lips. When we were both out of breath, we broke apart and looked at each other lustfully. I placed my head on his shoulder, the tiring events of the day weighing on my shoulders. I fell asleep wrapped in both of my mates' scents, hoping Daniel would wake up tomorrow.