Harry Potter

A/N- This chapter is dedicated to @nialllovesemily for the amazing idea for this chapter! Thanks, love (:

----------------------------------------

As soon as I opened the door, I burst into tears. I didn’t even get a good look at him before I did. But just the thought of my best friend in the hospital had that effect on me.

          Alison was already there, sitting in the chair that was next to his bed. When she saw me, she jumped up and hugged me tight, sniffling into my shoulder. When she pulled back, her eyes were puffy and her face was red from crying.

          “How is he?” I whispered.

          “He has a broken arm and a broken leg. He needed stitches on his forehead since he banged it on the steering wheel.” She told me, her eyes starting to water again.

          I sucked in my breath and looked over at him, lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully. Sure enough, his arm was in a cast as well as his leg, which was propped up on a pillow. A white bandage covered his forehead.

          “How long has he been asleep?” I asked.

          “A while. He should be waking up soon.”

          I nodded. I heard someone clear their throat behind me and I turned to see which one of the boys it was. Harry was leaning against the doorframe, an uncomfortable look on his face. He was staring at the ceiling so I guess it wasn’t him. Louis was standing there with his arms open, walking toward Alison. She gratefully ran into his arms and he hugged her tight, burying his face in her hair.

          “Let’s go walk around, get you out of this room, yeah?” he asked her quietly.

          She nodded and Louis mouthed, “Be back later.” And ushered her out of the room. I slowly walked over to the chair that Alison previously occupied and sat down. Harry still stood awkwardly in the doorway.

          “You don’t have to stay. I can tell you don’t want to.” I told him.

          He sighed and came and crouched down in front of me and took my hand. “I’ll stay. For you. But when he wakes up I know he’s not going to want to see me so I’ll go walk around or something.” He smirked.

          “Thank you.” I half-smiled.

          He pecked me quickly on the lips and smiled at me. Adam stirred beside me in his bed and my head snapped quickly in his direction. His eyes slowly opened as he took in his surroundings. His eyes landed on me and they displayed a smile.

          “Riles.” He croaked.

          “Hey.” I breathed.

          “I’ll be back later, okay?” Harry said to me. He quickly kissed my forehead and then stuffed his hands in his pockets, shuffling out of the room.

          I turned back to Adam to find him watching me. A small smile played on his lips. Bags were starting to form under his eyes from lack of sleep and his lips were slightly cracked. But he was smiling.

          “How are you feeling?” I asked him.

          He did his best to shrug. “I’m not a big fan of hospitals.”

          “No one is.”

          “True dat my brotha!” he tried his best to be gangster to no avail. But it got us both to laugh which is what we needed right now.

          “What happened?” I asked after a moment of silence.

          He thought for a moment. “I was thinking. A lot. And I wasn’t paying attention and I swerved into the other lane.”

          “What were you thinking about?”

          Another moment of silence. “You. Us. What happened at Harry’s place.” He said quietly.

          “Riley I need to talk to you about that…” he trailed off when I didn’t answer.

          I looked up at him expectantly, waiting for him to go on with whatever he needed to say.

          “I was wrong. Really wrong. I know that now. I was just…jealous I guess.” He mumbled, looking down.

          “Jealous? Of what? You’re still my best friend Adam. I wouldn’t forget you or anything like that.” I waved it off like it was silly.

          “That’s not what I was jealous of.” He said quietly.

          “Then what-”

          “I like you Riley.” He blurted, looking me in the eyes.

          I gasped a little, staring back at him. Adam? Like me? No. No, we were best friends. I know in book and movies and things like that the best friends always fall in love without the other knowing but sooner or later they figure out their undying love for each other and they all live happily ever after. But not this time. This time was different. I was with Harry. And I was pretty sure that I loved him.

          “I have since we were little.” he whispered.

          “Adam…” I started but didn’t know how to finish.

          “You’re with Harry, I know. I respect that now. I just couldn’t stand seeing you in someone else’s arms. That’s why I did what I did.”

          “You shouldn’t have done that. You could’ve just talked to me.”

          “I know that now.” he sighed, “And I will never be able to tell you how sorry I am.”

          I sighed and scooted the chair closer to his bed and took his hand that wasn’t imbedded in a cast comfortingly in mine. “I forgive you.”

          “Why? You should hate me.”

          “But I don’t. I could never hate you, Adam.”

          He turned his head to the side and looked at me, a small smile on his face. “That’s reassuring.” He chuckled.

          “Thank you.” he whispered.

          “For what?” I drew circles on the back of his hand.

          “Everything. For being here. For forgiving me. For just being you.” he smiled.

          “You’re welcome Harry Potter.” I laughed.

          “Harry Potter?” he chuckled.

          “Yeah, you’ll have a little scare from your stitches on your forehead and with any luck at all, it’ll be shaped like a lightning bolt.” I said excitedly. He knew I was a Harry Potter nerd.

          “Same ol’ Riley.” He smiled.

          “That’s me!”

          He chuckled at my inner child. I don’t know what it was, either the atmosphere in the air or it was in the moment, but we both started leaning in and before either one of us could stop it, our lips brushed against each other’s. We pulled back slightly, registering what had happened before leaning in to kiss again. I felt a little spark, but it was nothing like what I feel when Harry kisses me.

          “Riley?” a voice said from the doorway.

------------------------------

A/N #2- DUN DUN DUN. Who do you think saw them kissing? What team are ya'll on? Team Adam or Team Harry? LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS! :D Vote maybe? Oh, and if you haven'y already, you should totally check out my Austin Mahone story! I'm almost at 1,000 reads! :D Haha alright, bye guys! Je t'aime! Love, me! (: