Rumor Has It

A/N- iiiit's me again! here's the next part in Let Me Love You! theres a bit of drama in this one so make sure to stay in tune to find out what happens! also, comment, fan, and vote please so i know to keep going with this story or not! and thank you for everyone who read the previous chapters, it means a lot (: sorry if its not as long as i hoped for! >.< but there is a gorgeous picture of the Harry Styles himself on the side <3 anyways, je t'aime! love, me (:

---------------------------------------

I woke up to the sound of the door slamming shut. I jumped up with a start, running my hand through my brown curls that were sticking up every which way. How long had I been asleep? I looked out the window. It was still pretty dark so I take it I wasn’t out long.

          “Harry Styles!” Liam yelled.

          “That’s my name.” I said groggily.

          He came and stood in front of the bed, glaring down at me. “Where have you been for the past two hours?”

          “Um, here and there. Everywhere!” I threw my hands up.

          I heard someone let out a chuckle. It was probably Louis. Liam just continued to glare at me. We’re not kidding when we call him Daddy Direction. He was so protective! It was quite annoying at times. But I know he was only like that because he cared about us so we all put up with it.

          “I’m serious! Where were you? we covered for you when Paul asked us where you were!”

          I sighed. “Well you see, there was this girl…”

          Louis cut me off as he stuck his head around the corner from his position in the living room. “A girl? High five Hazza!”

          He walked over to where I was and held his palm up for me to smack but Liam stopped me. I frowned at him, as did Louis. “You don’t have to be so uptight Liam.” I snapped.

          “Was this girl really worth wandering off for?” he asked.

          “Yes she was! I even got her number!” I said proudly.

          Liam, clearly having enough, rolled his eyes and walked off. I whipped out my phone and composed a text to Riley. After I typed in what I wanted to say, I smiled at my cleverness and hit send, plopping down on the bed once more. I grabbed the remote and put my hands behind my head, flipping through all the channels.

          “Harry Styles…” the news lady said.

          I quickly flipped back to the news channel and sat up in bed, curiously watching to see what I could’ve done now.

          “The teenage pop star sensation, Harry Styles, was seen leaving their recent concert here in L.A. with a mysterious girl. Could this be Styles’ new love interest? Is she the next fling in his life or is she here to stay?” Following those words was footage from tonight with me fleeing from fans and jumping into Riley’s car. I groaned and fell back against the pillows and wiped my hand over my face. This was not good. As much as I wish she was my girlfriend, she wasn’t and I didn’t need people believing lies. I quickly composed a tweet.

          “I’m sure most of you just saw what was on the news. I just want to clear things up and say that we are not dating. We’re just friends (: xx” and, send!

          Riley still hasn’t texted me back. I wonder if she saw what was on the news. Even if she didn’t it was most likely all over the internet. I groaned again.

          “What’s wrong with you, lad?” Niall asked mouth full of food yet again.

          “You know that girl that I went looking for today?”

          He nodded, unable to talk from taking a huge bite from the sandwich in his hands.

          “There are already rumors flying around about me and her.”

          “I’m sure you’ll find a way out of it, lad. You always do.” He said taking another ginormous bite of his sandwich.

          “I hope so.”

          “I’m sure you will. Well, I’m beat so I’m gonna go to bed. See you in the morning!” he said, finishing off his sandwich and going into the next room to prepare for bed.

          “Goodnight.” I sighed and rolled onto my side, looking out of the window. I wasn’t really tired anymore. All I could think about now was Riley…

*                                                         *                                                         *

Riley’s P.O.V.

          If Jackie said one more thing about us giving Harry a ride to his hotel, I think I’m going to scream. We were stuck in traffic for about an hour and the whole time, she was asking how I managed to find Harry and if I had any idea if I knew who the girl he was talking about was. I kept saying no but his comment from before kept coming back to my mind.

          “I’ve already found her...”

          He couldn’t have possibly meant me, could he? I mean, it’s Harry Styles; he can have any girl in the world wrapped around his finger. Maybe I just looked like the girl he was looking for. Yeah, that’s it. I tuned Jackie out and kept reassuring myself that I was not the girl that Harry Styles was looking for. There was no way that it was me.

          I breathed a sigh of relief as I finally pulled into our driveway. I angrily ripped the key out of the ignition, got out, and slammed the door shut behind me with Jacquelyn following my steps.

          “You know, for being someone that Harry Styles loves, you’re pretty cranky right now.” She said as I unlocked the door and letting us inside.

          “For the last time, he does not love me!” I exclaimed.

          “Okaaaay, whatever you saaaaaay.” She giggled.

          I rolled my eyes and headed upstairs to my room. My parents were already in bed, thank goodness, because I wasn’t really in the mood to talk to anyone thanks to Jacquelyn’s annoying taunting. She really did knowhow to get under my skin. Once I made it to my room, I closed and locked my door, plopping down on my bed. I sighed in contentment as my head hit my fluffy pillow. As soon as I got comfy, my phone chimed, notifying me that I got a text. I groaned and reached for my phone. It was from Harry. Great, I thought to myself.

          ‘Hey gorgeous, thanks for the ride (; x’ it read.

          Did he really mean to call me gorgeous? I felt my cheeks flush. From embarrassment or anger, I didn’t know. I’m not going to get sucked into his little trap. I decided to ignore it and turn the TV on instead, flipping rather quickly through the channels. Nothing good seemed to be on.

          “The teenage pop star sensation…” a new lady said. I smirked, going back to the channel wondering who could’ve possibly gotten in trouble now.

          “Harry Styles was seen leaving their recent concert in L.A. with a mysterious girl…” she continued reading as my eyes popped out of my head. I shot up and turned the volume up louder.

          “Could this be Styles’ new love interest? Is she the next fling in his life or is she here to stay?” she finished. After she said that, a video filmed from what looked like a crappy phone was shown of Harry and I running to my car, throwing ourselves in, and speeding away.

          “In other news…” she began again. I shut the TV off. Seriously? There were already rumors? I didn’t even know the guy! I didn’t want to know him! How come no one understood that? I groaned and fell back onto my pillows, staring up at the ceiling. One thing’s for sure, I was having a little chat with Mr. Styles tomorrow.