Three's A Crowd

Harry’s P.O.V

          Did I hear that right? Did she just agree to going on a date with me? Correction: a practice date. I could deal with that for now. Anything for her to go on a date with me. I don’t know what it is about her that makes her so different from any other girl I’ve dated but I really like her. I still haven’t told her that she was the girl that I went looking for that night. Maybe I would tell her today. How though? That was the question.

          I was still nodding vigorously as she sighed and parked her car in a regulated space and got out. “C’mon Curly.” She said as she opened her door and got out, crossing her arms over her chest, waiting for me to follow. I jumped over the passenger’s side door, not even bothering to open it like I did last time. She raised her eyebrows and puckered her pink lips at me.

          “Could you not disrespect my car like that? It has a door for a reason.”

          “It’s not disrespect, love.” I chuckled.

          “To me it is.” She said as she began to saunter off. I caught up to her and lightly grabbed the crook of her arm and spun her around.

          “Could you please at least act like you enjoy my company? I would like this to be enjoyable so please, try? I really want this to work.” I practically begged.

          She searched my eyes for a while, as if questioning if I really meant that. Which I did, I like Riley a lot. I highly doubt she feels the same, seeing as I had to practically get down on my knees and beg for this. I don’t know why she doesn’t like me, though. I’m sorry, that sounded conceded didn’t it? I didn’t mean it in a conceded way; I just want a reason to why she doesn’t like me. Because if I did something to upset her or make her mad, I would apologize for whatever I did seeing as that’s what a gentlemen would do. Says my mum, at least.

          A curl fell down and was dangling in front of my eyes. I went cross-eyed as I stared at it, causing Riley to giggle. I didn’t know she was capable of giggling. I watched as she reached up and brushed the curl back, only to have it fall down again. I sighed in mock frustration and looked at Riley again.

          “Sorry, I’ll try to ease up.” She apologized.

          Instead of letting go of her arm, I linked mine through hers and smiled appreciatively. “Thank you, love.” 

          “Yeah yeah.” She smiled slightly and rolled her eyes.

          We walked up to the door where I quickly dropped her arm and went to open the door and gestured for her to walk in first. “After you.”

          She chuckled tensely, and a pinkish tent began to grow on her cheeks as she walked in. From embarrassment or something else, I couldn’t tell. I smiled as I let myself in after her. I could get used to this.

*                                                        *                                                        *

 Riley’s P.O.V.

          In some ways, I wish I didn’t give in so early and agree to this whole practice date. But how could I say no to those gorgeous ocean colored eyes that lit up like a little kids on Christmas day when I agreed? Yes, I just admitted that he has gorgeous eyes. He seemed so truthful when he said he wasn’t self-centered. And who was I to believe him? I don’t know what happened to me but somehow I got sucked in and I wasn’t too pleased with myself. I wasn’t supposed to get sucked in to his little trap to get girls but I did anyways. But little did he know that I had a game plan. I agreed to go on this “date” with him so he could prove to me that he wasn’t what I claimed him to be. But my excuse was going to be that I still thought he was self-centered and arrogant. Maybe it was a little mean but we’ll see how it all lays out.