I Was Enchanted To Meet You

“Andrea.” She smiled, “right this way.” She said, motioning Liam and I to a booth in the back.

          I turned around and wiggled my eyes at Liam who playfully rolled his eyes at me and followed her to the back of the restaurant. Surprisingly it wasn’t that crowded which is good because we really don’t need the extra attention. Don’t get me wrong, I love our fans, but since we’re on a break from touring that’s exactly what I want it to be. A break.

          I slid into the booth, Liam right behind me. Andrea handed us our menu’s then looked at us expectantly, a smile still on her face.

          “I’m sorry but aren’t ya’ll from One Direction?” she asked.

          “That’s us!” Liam answered.

          “I love you guys! I bet I sound like an annoying fangirl but I think you guys are really talented!” she said, eyes sparkling.

          “Thanks, love!” I smiled.

          Her smile widened. “So what do you guys want to drink?”

          “Water, please.” Liam said.

          “I’ll be good and take a Coke. No beer for me today!” I chuckled.

          “Coming right up!” she said and took off to get our drinks. Liam turned to me and raised his eyebrows.

          “What?” I asked innocently.

          “You fancy her!”

          “Maybe a little.” I admitted.

          “Get her number before we leave.”

          “What if she doesn’t like me?”

          He smacked the back of my head. “Ow! What was that for?” I asked, rubbing the back of my head.

          “Did you not see her staring at you? You’re getting her number.”

          “Yes sir!” I saluted him right as she brought our drinks to us.

          “Are you guys ready to order?” she asked, whipping out her notepad to write down our order.

          “We’ll both have the Peri Peri Chicken please.” Liam ordered.

          “I’ll get right on that!” she smiled before disappearing again.

          While waiting for our food, Liam and I talked about anything and everything. Starting from our excitement for the next tour, to the weather, how him and Danielle were doing and then settling on Liam’s former pet turtles. He has a weird obsession with turtles, don’t ask me why.

          After about twenty minutes of nonstop babbling and my hysterical laughter at nothing in particular, Andrea brought our food out which we scarfed down like there was no tomorrow. I finished way before Liam did so I took the opportunity to go ask Andrea for her number seeing as the restaurant wasn’t very busy and no one seemed to be walking through those doors anytime soon. I walked up to the podium she was sitting behind and tapped her on the shoulder.

          “Hey, Niall.” She smiled.

          “Hey, Andrea,” I smiled back, “could I ask you a quick question?”

          “Sure!”

          “Could I maybe get your number?” I asked out in a rush, shutting my eyes tight.