23: She's Not Afraid

Love, love, love, loooove this song! Here is the 'coming out to their family' chapter.

•••

Before I know it, a whole interview where me and Louis can come out is set up. I'm not exactly sure when it will be, but I know we don't have to wait long.

We are currently seated in Simon's office as he has been explaining, how this will work out, for the last 30 minutes. He seems quite grumpy, but I figure that is because he does not want this to happen. I just smirk at seeing how he is taking it.

"And lastly, if there is anyone important who doesn't know this....fact, you should probably tell them." He finishes.

Then I suddenly realize something. My mum and sister, they don't even know this! How could I have forgot telling her?

I'm pretty sure Louis' mum and sisters don't know either so I guess we will tell them all at once.

A few moments later we are leaving Simons office. Niall, Liam and Zayn walk a bit further up the street than Louis and I since they probably figured that we wanted to talk everything through.

"You haven't told you're family either, have ya?" Louis asks. So we were thinking the same thing.

"Nope," I admit, even though I'm slightly ashamed that I haven't told such big news to some of the most important people in my life. "I guess we are going to tell both our families soon?"

He nods his head and we stay silent until an idea pops into my head.

"I was planning on going home this weekend anyway. Why don't you come with, and then we can invite your family over and tell them all at the same time?" I suggest.

"That sounds like a plan." He smiles, and we keep walking down the street.

I'm more than intrigued to take his hand in mine, but I know I can't. At least not for much longer. After the interview is out, I can do that as much as I want to.

•••

[Two days later, at Harrys moms house]

We just arrived at my mom's house, my childhood home, a couple of hours ago, and to keep myself from being nervous I have just been unpacking and helping with the dinner.

I'm sitting across from Louis and my mom, taking a break, as they are making dinner. I am using my break to admire Louis, just gazing at him. He blushes slightly every time he catches me admiring him, I just smile broadly.

"So, why aren't Niall, Liam and Zayn here this time? Not that I complain, I love Louis so much." My mom smiles as she turns to Louis and he smiles warmly back at her, a faint pink color covering his cheeks once again.

Out of everyone in the band, I am pretty sure my mom likes Louis the best. Maybe even more than she likes me, who knows. So, I am just proud to call Louis my boyfriend. Not that I ever haven't been.

Louis and I share a glance. I try to look like I don't know what to answer, and he just shrugs in return.

"We just have an announcement, that's why we invited Louis' family too." Is all I can answer. I am afraid I gave it away, but I don't think I did.

"Oh my God, you're gay for each other aren't you?" She holds her hand over her mouth as she speaks.

How the heck could she have guessed that so quick? Maybe I did give it away.

Louis and I turn to look at each other, eyes widened and lips parted in shock of her guess.

"How'd you know?" Is all I get out.