Chapter 35: This Just Keeps Getting Better

Surprise!!! I was in such a good mood this am... that I decided to edit & upload the next chapter.

Sorry it is short, but it gets to the point! Ok, so it's not as short as I thought. Check out the song, I love it :)

It also kept me from writing the last chapter... which I dread!! I don't want this story to end, not that it will because there will be at least one more... but it will not be the same story, but more of a continuation of sorts.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Comment & VOTE!

This chapter is all Arianna ( in case you wondered... it's pronounced Are- e- ah-na) and don't hate me too much after you read this ... :(

Crissy =:)

***************************************************************************************************

Recap chap 34:

"Just try to keep your distance for a while, give me some time. I know that you love her and I'm glad that you can help me protect her. God knows she need protecting, she has the worst luck. But just back off a little, that's all I ask. I wouldn't want to beat the shit out of you again." With those words, he was gone. I was left feeling a little annoyed and a lot confused.

I had said my peace and he had said his. Was my heart slowly on its way to mending again?

********************************************************************

Chapter 35: This Just Keeps Getting Better

Arianna POV

Another two months had passed. Apart from the occasional twinge of guilt, I had accepted my fate and that of my child. The father would have been discovered hopefully at birth but there was no way to have known for certain and all may have changed in that instant. I continued to love Xavier as desperately as ever and he continued to love me and the baby. He showed no regret at the fact that he may have never known if he was truly the father. To him, believing that he was the father was enough. Instead, he catered to me, doted on me. My every move concerned him and Ronan. They both watched me carefully, only Ronan observed from afar.

I knew this was what Xavier had requested, but it hurt just a little, to have wanted him nearer and not been able to have had it that way. I hadn't wanted him in that way, not anymore. But I had grown so accustomed to him, to the feel of comfort and safety his closeness provided. I hadn't loved him like that, not in a long time, but I hadn't understood why I still needed him. Because I had needed him, so much, but it wasn't right and there was nothing I could have done to change the way I felt.

These thoughts invaded me as I walked the winding halls to the infirmary. For once, I was glad to have a chance to have spoken to Dr. Wesley. I hadn't been feeling well lately and chocked it up to late pregnancy symptoms. My color had sallowed and I grew more tired by the day. I was sure that this was normal, well as normal as could have been expected for a rare vampire-human pregnancy. But still I needed his reassurance.

Maybe this was all part of the half vampire- half human baby experience. I had hoped it was nothing to have been concerned about. I harbored doubts and that awful ominous feeling but I only had a month left in the pregnancy, so how bad could it have been? I stepped through the infirmary doors and was met by Demitri's warm smiling eyes.

"Princess Arianna, how are you feeling?" He questioned warmly but looked skeptical as he gazed over my body.

"A little tired but otherwise..." Scared as hell I wanted to add but forced a weak smile instead. Like I could have fooled him, everyone saw right through me. They always had. I was a terrible liar and a terrible actress, let's not forget that fact.