Chapter 3: Secrets

Here is the next chapter... hope you like it.  

Don't forget to comment & vote.

********************************************************************************************  

Recap Chap 2:

I swiftly turned and left the room. I closed the door with perhaps, a little too much force. I couldn't believe what he'd said. I wasn't the most innocent, but it wasn't like I was some kind of slut either. Stupid Prince, who had he thought he was? He had no right to pry in to my private affairs the way he had.

I may have had to marry him, it was my duty, but I wouldn't have forced myself to like a pompous ass like him. I trudged off to my room in anger.

*****************************************************

Chapter 3: Secrets

Xavier's POV

"Certainly Aria, but just remember what we talked about." I tried to sound offhanded.

"And what was that?" She sounded confused, maybe she needed a reminder. After all, we'd barely spoken, but she should have been able to remember the most important stipulation.

"Just a friendly reminder, that there must be NO question of your... virtue on our wedding day. You know the consequences." I spoke with a hint of suspicion. I had heard the rumors, the talk from the servants ran rampant.

"Why would I need reminding?"

"There has been talk...rumors, you know servants. I just want you to be aware." I admitted. I was a little concerned, but I couldn't have let that show. The servants hadn't usually made up such tales.

"Well, no need to be concerned ...MY PRINCE. I can assure you that they are just rumors which have no basis! I am well aware of what is at stake." With that, she stomped out and nearly slammed the door.

Wow. I hoped I hadn't pissed her off. I was only fishing for information. I mean, I hadn't really thought she would have done something that fucked up? No. She was so sweet and innocent, of course she wouldn't have.

Wait, what was I saying? I didn't even know her. Maybe I should have made an effort to understand her. I mean, she was going to be my wife soon. It would have been nice to not have to have slept with a total stranger. That would have been awkward. It hadn't really mattered anyway since I was in love with someone else. I had felt a little dishonest though, that I asked her to remain pure while I carried on with my brother's fiancée.

I knew it was kind of low and Ronan would probably have killed me if he knew, but I just couldn't stay away from Selene. She was so beautiful. Her body was outrageous, so full and curvaceous. I'd seen the way other womanizing vampires and humans looked at her. They fell down at her feet and worshiped her, a human. It made me a little jealous. I mean, no doubt my brother was a lucky man. I wished she was mine, but it wasn't like I had a choice.