Chapter 10: Caught Red Handed

*****WARNING***** This chapter may contain scenes of a sexual nature, and/ or scenes of violence. Please be advised.*****

Thanks Raelene for your words of support. Here's chap 10 Please vote, comment & fan.

**************************************************************************************************

Recap chap 9:

"You don't know how happy you've made me." I whimpered when tears threatened to breach my eyes.

It had been the happiest, most heartwarming moment of my life. I only hoped it could have lasted forever.

*******************************************

Chapter 9: Caught Red Handed

Xavier POV

Day after day passed; nearly a month, and Aria and I were closer than ever. We submerged ourselves in our duties to the kingdom. She would have made a great Princess, a great Queen, of that I was certain. I lounged on the soft, brown leather couch in my study and remembered the time we spent together.

I was overcome by the thought of her. She was a sweet woman. She had such kindness, such tenacity, such grace. After she explained Zander's circumstance to me, I felt guilty for wanting to dismember him. I went to my father, the King, on his behalf. I found him in a particularly good mood that day and was pleased he decided to forgo punishment for their indiscretion.

Aria and I set Zander and Maria up in a small cottage on the outskirts of the palace grounds. This would have given them their privacy and a place to start their family. The cottage was a short walk from the main campus and near enough so the two of them were always at our disposal.

Zander was a trusted servant and friend. I owed him this much because he looked after Aria for so long, when I had so thoroughly ignored her. He was invaluable to me in the last month. He ran interference with Selene, bailed me out when she tried to follow through with her advances. I explained that we were over, that Aria and I had started a real relationship, but Selene hadn't give up so easily. I spurned all of her advances but she was determined.

Footsteps startled me back to the present and I hoped to find anyone other than who stood waiting in my doorway.

"Selene." I greeted her with civility.; After all, she was to become my brother's wife.

"Xavier." She approached me.

"Do you need something Selene? I'm rather busy. I have some important things to do." I was accustomed to greeting her coldly, a way to distance myself from the tumultuous nature of our relationship. No matter how I tried, I couldn't have escaped the guilt that accompanied knowing that I had sought after my brother's fiancée, though none of those feelings still existed.