Blurry Is the Line between Love and Lust: Prologue

This is new for me so, please let me know what you think. Vote, comment. love it, hate it. Please let me know.

I have added videos to every chapter that either convey the feeling of the chapter, or I love & was listening to when I wrote the chapter.

Please enjoy!

Don't forget to comment and/or vote if you feel so inclined.

***********************************************************************************************

Blurry Is the Line between Love and Lust

Prologue

I sat on the window seat in the cold, dark room and stared into the rain. How had it come to this? The last year had brought so many feelings, love and lust, such joy and such sadness. When I thought back, I realized every mistake had brought me to this moment. Every choice, every touch, every thought brought me closer to the reality of my end. As shameful tears fell silently from my eyes, I thought of how much I had given up to protect him. It was a shame I couldn't have shielded him from myself. So, this was to be done alone. My duty was fulfilled, and I hoped for a suitable outcome. Somewhere deep inside, I knew this would never have been a happy ending. I knew I had no one to blame but myself.

Suddenly a searing pain ripped through me and I clutched my abdomen tightly. The agonizing pain brought me to my knees, like fire spreading through my body. My heart quickened. I felt dizzy and my eyes had become blurry. The pain reminded me that I must be strong. I clutched and grasped at the cream colored carpet, I slowly dragged myself toward the door. How many minutes had passed? It seemed like an eternity as I waited to die.

"Maria." I screamed but my words came in quiet moans.

I knew she wouldn't hear me and I would have succumbed to this pain alone. I reached for the door as it crashed open with a harrowing thud. As I looked up, I had expected to find warm brown eyes, but I was met by an entirely different sight. Deep golden eyes burrowed down on me, like being lost in a sea of molten gold. I breathed a sigh of relief, and knew that in my last moments, as blood poured from my abdomen, that this was what I had fought for, one last look at those enthralling eyes. My vision went dark and my eyes had become heavy. I knew that this day was destined to come. I took one last look into those liquid gold eyes and closed mine to embrace my death.