Chapter Twenty Four

Chapter Twenty Four

                Harry’s fingers were entangled in mine tightly. We sat in the front of the crowd, awaiting the funeral to start. It was a joint funeral since the two families were so close. Niall and Zayn sat next to us quietly, not wanting to make me more upset then I was already. Two people that meant the world to me just died. I’m screwed. How am I supposed to go on? They were a huge part in my life. HUGE.

                If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be the girl I am now. I wouldn’t have met the boys. I wouldn’t be as sarcastic and funny as I am now. Ya, they made me arrogant also. I probably wouldn’t care how I looked if it wasn’t for them. I wouldn’t have a lot of major events in my life happen.

                And a simple accident took that all away.

                “Babe?” Louis whispers, coming over to me. I smile gratefully at the boy. He pushes between Zayn and me, pretty much sitting on my lap. Compromising, I end up on his lap. Liam squeezes my other hand I feel loved. Harry’s got one hand, Louis has his arm wrapped around my waist, and Liam’s got my other hand. Zayn has his arm on the back of the seat, a hand wresting on one shoulder. Niall is doing the same on the other side of Liam.

                “We are gathered here today for the ending of two lovely girls’ lives. Gabby Jones and Natalie Conor were killed in a car accident a couple days ago.” The preacher guy rambles on and on but I block it out as Elle and Katrina walk in, sitting behind us because Zayn, Harry, me and Louis, Liam and Niall took up the whole row.

                “Hey, Ash.” Katrina leans forward in her seat, whispering in my ear.

                “Hey, love.” I whisper back, leaning against Louis which makes him laugh. He blows on my ear, making me wiggle about.

                “I CAN’T BREATHE!” Louis whispers/screams in my ear.

                “I DON’T CARE!” I whisper/scream back, making Harry and Liam give us a weird look.

                “Ashton Knight, Elle Brooks and Katrina Bell were all close to Gabby and Natalie while growing up. At school, they were known as the popular girls growing up.” Kalia, an African American girl that we had known growing up was at the front of the room now. “Ashton was the pretty one. Elle was the sensible one. Katrina was the party girl. Gabby was responsible one. Natalie was the happy go lucky one.” I snort at this; everyone really took us like that?

                “Ashton was the ringleader, well it always seemed. Katrina and Elle were the ones closest to her. Katrina had the more of secret connection. Elle had more of the feely best friend connection. Natalie and Gabby were closer to each other than the other girls. Those girls were ALWAYS together. They probably even went to the bathroom together. Wouldn’t be a surprise to anyone if they did, they were that close. A lot of people were jealous of them because of that.”

                “Then Ashton and Lou were the ‘it’ couple all throughout school. I can’t believe that they’re a famous ‘it’ couple now. It seems so unreal. I know Natalie and Gabby both supported that relationship with all their life. They didn’t really like it when Ashton was with Liam.” Kalia gets a little move of the hand from the preacher and she hurries off and back to her seat. I get pulled up in front of everyone with Harry and Louis at my side.

                “Hi. I’m Ashton Knight. This is Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. Well, to start off. I’ve always been close with Natalie and Gabby. Always. It’s true, we were all inseparable. Both girls played a huge part in my life, I mean huge.” I start to cry and Louis rubs my back while Harry squeezes my hand in assurance.