32: Evan

About a week had passed. And today was a special day. Evan finished what he was doing on his laptop and got ready for school. For days now Evan hadn't been able to shake Connor's words. When he closed his eyes he almost felt like he was back there.

"I love you."

"I need you."

Evan knew it wasn't the same, but to be honest he wasn't expecting those words to come out of Connor's mouth. He wasn't even sure Connor was the type of guy who believed in love and stuff like that. Evan wished he said it back, I guess he just panicked. Anxiety was a bitch like that sometimes. Evan got dropped off at school and the day proceeded as normal, he saw Connor waiting for him at his locker. Evan ran up to him and kissed him, wrapping his arms around him tightly.

"Hi." Evan said, smiling away as he packed his locker. Connor stood there silent for a moment.

"Hey, do you know what day it is?" Evan smiled to himself before meeting Connor with fake surprise.

"Oh yes! It's... Taco Tuesday!" Evan laughed as Connor just stood there smirking, doing that thing with his eyes that made Evan's chest flutter.

"Do you know what else is on today?" Evan pretended to think.

"Ummm, I'm not sure. Nope I got nothing." Connor's face fell a little as he shrugged. The bell rang and Evan grabbed his stuff for class. He reached up and kissed Connor on the cheek. "Check your email." Connor just frowned, clearly puzzled as Evan walked off. Evan sat in class, going over the email he wrote Connor before school, hoping it was perfect, his boyfriend didn't deserve any less than perfect.

From: Tree.ranger@outlook.com

To: teen.angst@gmail.com

Subject: Taco Tuesday!

Dear Connor Murphy,

Happy 18th Birthday Connor! I'm planning to play it super casual, like pretend that I don't know it's your birthday today and be like "oh cause I got so much going on right now" but I would never forget.

I know we have only been dating like a couple of months, but I have never felt this way with anyone before. You are special Connor, in so many ways, and the saddest part is you don't even realise it. But that's okay because I'll be here to remind you when you forget. You mean the world to me Connor, and you deserve all that is good in the world.

Anyway wishing you a happy birthday!

Sincerely, your boyfriend,

Me

Evan smiled as he began taking notes in his book, today was going to be a good day.

...

At lunch Evan met Jared at the lunch table.

"Hey where's Alana?" Jared sighed.

"Bathrooms, she's menstruating again." Evan nodded.

"Ah right." At that moment Connor came bounding to the table.

"You little shit Hansen!" He yelled as he smiled. Evan stood up just in time as Connor cupped Evan's faced and kissed him.

"Hold it right there boys this is perfect for my new gay fanfiction." Jared was laughing, as he snapped a photo on his phone. When they pulled apart, Connor was shaking his head.

"I can't believe it. You really had me there Hansen." Evan kissed the top of Connor's nose.

"Surprise!" Evan smiled as he snuggled into Connor's shoulder. Being short had at least one perk. Jared reaches into his bag, pulled out a package wrapped in newspaper and threw it at Connor.