22: Connor

Not too much longer after Evan managed to tame his hair, they both heard the door unlock. Connor looked at Evan, unable to hide his nerves any longer. Evan just reached over and grabbed Connor's hand in his, and that was enough.

"Hey honey I'm home!" Evan walked down the hall.

"Hey mum, there is someone who I want you to meet." His mum looked up.

"This, this is my friend Connor." Connor stepped out from the hallway, Evan's mum beamed as she shook his hand enthusiastically.

"Wow Connor it's so nice to finally meet you, Evan has told me so much about you!" That made Connor's stomach flip, he tired to ignore it by plastering a smile on his face.

"It's really nice to meet you Mrs Hansen." His mum laughed.

"Oh please call me Heidi, do you boys want to take a seat?" Evan led Connor over to their sofa in the corner. Heidi walked over and took at seat on the small armchair across from them.

"Well if you boys want we could order some pizza or something how does that sound." Evan nodded.

"Thanks mum." Connor nodded.

"Uh yes, thank you ah... Heidi." Connor felt like he was going to be sick, he never fumbled over his words. But Heidi just smiled, as she walked over to the bench. She ordered the pizza and unpacked her things and came and sat down.

"So what have your two been up to?" Connor told himself to keep his cool. He felt Evan's body stiffen beside him slightly.

"Ah well Connor and i watched some bootlegs." Heidi smiled.

"Well that's nice," Heidi just looked at Connor, "my Evan does love his show tunes don't you honey?" Evan just nodded.

"Actually mum there is something that we- we would like to talk, talk to you about?" Heidi just smiled as she sat back in her chair.

"Sure, fire away." Evan swallowed nervously.

"So ah, well. Well you see Connor and i have been friends for a while or so now, but um... you see the thing is..." Evan reached over and laced his fingers with Connor's grasping his hand tightly. Connor felt like his heart was in his throat, watching the tears slowly well up in his eyes. Heidi's eyes widened in realisation, she sat up.

"Oh, you two are... how, how long?" Connor spoke up.

"Only, only a couple of weeks. It's nothing serious at this point. Everything is just very new." He waiting for Heidi's reaction, her eyes welled up with tears and she beamed.

"Oh honey," she placed her hand gently on Evan's knee as he wipes his eyes, "this is fantastic. I'm," She took a minute to compose herself, "words cannot say how happy i am right now." She smiled, choking back the tears as she whispered, "So happy." Evan looked back at her and smiled. She wiped her eyes and laughed. "Well i don't know about you boys but i think this calls for a celebration!" A couple minutes later the pizza arrived and they all sat down on the couch. Connor had not had pizza in... he honestly couldn't remember. He took one bite and practically collapsed onto Evan.

"Oh. My. God. This is so good." Evan and Heidi just laughed.

"What you don't have pizza often Connor?" Heidi asked and Connor shook his head while shovelling the slice into his mouth. He practically swallowed it whole.

"No my mother is on a crazy diet at the moment and we all have to follow it, all organic, preservative free, low sugar, no fat, sort of thing. It's horrible." Heidi just laughed.

"Well you are welcome to come eat pizza at our place any time." Connor felt so happy he could have cried.

"Thank you, no really thank you." The rest of the night was spent talking and laughing, and watching tv. Evan fell asleep laying on Connor's shoulder. Heidi smiled as she fetched them both a blanket. She just sat their smiling as her son soundly slept.