19: Evan

Evan walked out of Connor's room feeling extremely light-headed and gay. Both types of gay. Evan felt his nerves creep up on him however, as he made his way down the corridor. He knocked on Zoe's door. He heard Zoe sigh from inside.

"Mum what is it now? Oh hi Evan what are you doing here?" Evan wiped his hands on his pants just in case they were sweaty.

"Um, Connor invited me over. But i, i was actually wondering if i could talk to you?" Zoe laughed nervously.

"Ah sure, you want to come in?" Evan nodded and went and sat next to Zoe on her bed.

"Look i know I've been avoiding you, and I'm sorry. I just I didn't know how to talk to you about it..." Zoe looked up.

"The kiss you mean?" Evan nodded.

"Yeah." Zoe nodded slowly, while looking around her room.

"What did, well what did you think of it?" Evan shrugged.

"I don't know it was sorta, sorta... underwhelming?" Zoe just looked at Evan. He put his arms up.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry that sounded horrible. It's not like it was bad or anything it's just, i mean it was probably my fault to be honest maybe its just-"

"Evan it felt like i was kissing my brother." Connor burst out laughing from the other room. He came around the corner.

"Now now Zoe i happen to be a great kisser, just ask Evan." He winked. Zoe stood up.

"No way, did you just. Were you just? Like before?" Connor came into the room and laced his fingers with Evan's smiling. Zoe looked like she was about to cry. She started jumping up and down. "OH MY GOD I KNEW IT!" She ran over and hugged them both. Evan and Connor both looked confused.

"How did you know?" Connor asked. Zoe just rolled her eyes.

"Please it was obvious, i mean the fact you spent so much time together at school and emailing and texting was one thing. But the fact the same day i kissed Evan both of you didn't talk to me, Connor practically sulked in his room while Evan chiseled down his fingernails every lunch break. It was clear." She smiled. "I'm just so happy right now! Yay!" Connor grabbed her shoulder to settle her down.

"Thanks Zoe, just don't-" Zoe rolled her eyes.

"Tell anyone i know i know, i'll keep my pride flags in the closet i promise." Evan frowned.

"Did you just make a pride joke?" Zoe smiled.

"I did! Did you like it!" Evan laughed.

"Yeah it was good, not as good as my tree jokes but still, points for effort." Connor laughed as he put his arms around Evan, Zoe smiled at them both.

"Hey Evan?" He looked up.

"Yeah?" Zoe extended her hand.

"Friends?" Evan smiled hand shook her hand.

"Friends." And the three of them just laid on Zoe's best laughing, like it was the most normal thing in the world.