Ch 32

Sorry I've been MIA. I started college (applause) I skipped homework to jot this down. Lol.

We were in his bed. I don't know when I got here, I don't even remember how I got here. In all honesty I don't care. I'm just glad to be able to hold him again. While we spooned the curves and edges of his body fit perfectly into mine. I loved the way his cute little butt backed against me. Our legs stayed intertwined throughout the night. I've never really had a foot thing but I think I do with Skylar, it's weird but I just love every part of his body.

I tightened my arm around him.

"Did you miss me as much as I missed you?" I asked, a smile forming on my lips. When I didn't hear a reply I just figured he was being stubborn. "Huh?" I nudged him.

He still didn't answer. When I opened my eyes I realized what was going on.

My subconscious mind dreamed up Skylar cuddling next to me. Waking up to see him not there really bummed me out. I know what I said at the club, but I was just trying to hurt him because he was hurting me. Let's be real, I'm no where close to being over Skylar. According to Kyle he's moved on already. Yeah it's kind of icy on his part, but in the back of my head I know he's just trying to be a hard ass.

I rolled over onto my back and stared at the ceiling, my head was resting on my arm for a little elevation.

My room was cold, not because it was like 20 degrees outside, but because I was by myself. I've been alone in Denver for a long time, it's just now starting to hit me though. My dad is somewhere in South America doing I don't even know what. I'm banned from the Bauer's so I can't chill with Kyle. Most importantly, the boy I'm so fucking into hates my guts. It kills me to know I'm laying here by myself when he's miles away in the same bed I've grown so use to. I can't call him because I know he won't answer. I can't go by. All I can do is think about him.

•••

Skylar's POV

I woke up a little late this morning. By the time I was completely dressed and packed I had only ten minutes to get to the gym.

I made my way down the stairs, skipping every other step. My keys were on the kitchen counter. I scooped them up and noticed my Mamaw was up drinking coffee.

"I'll see you later Mamaw." I said and tried to proceed to the front door.

"Wait, sweetie." she said as she placed her mug down.

"I really have to go, though."

"You can spare a minute."

I slowly rolled my eyes and stepped back inside the kitchen.

"What's this your mother's telling me about you breaking up with that boy?" By the way I let out an annoyed breath she could tell I wasn't in the mood.

"Is this really what you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Yes, after you lose the attitude." She curved her lips. I just pursed mine and folded my arms. "I here he was good to you, why would you break up with him?"

"Aren't you suppose to be against me dating a guy. I'm sure Father Wilkins is expecting me to come by and confess to my sins."

"I don't care what Father Wilkins thinks. I'm worried about what you were thinking. Leah says you broke up with the boy and you've been walking around here like everything's peachy."

"Did you ever stop to think that everything might actually be peachy for me? I'm fine, why is it so hard for you people to see that?"

"I'm going to disregard your sass because I think you are butt hurt about your break up." I just kept my mouth shut, figuring if I stayed quiet the conversation would end faster. My Mamaw chuckled and took a quick swig from her coffee. "I remember when that little friend of your's, what's his name?"