Ch 18 Part 1/4 [Just us, you find out]

The weekend came even faster than everyone expected. The school was at a lost, not knowing how to spend their Friday night since there wasn't a game. The players got to go home at 3:00 for the first time all year. Most of them were just going to hang and do regular guy stuff. Jackson already had his bag packed for the weekend. Saying he's nervous would be an understatement. The past two days consisted of him constantly wondering how he and Skylar would spend the weekend. In sixth period he had to dial it down on the questions and comments, he didn't want to seem too excited. Kyle was a little salty that he'd have to alone for the next couple of days.

"So when are you coming back?" Kyle asked as he and Jackson exited the field house after the final bell.

"Most likely Sunday evening." he replied. He felt bad going behind Kyle's back like this, but not enough to not do it.

"So I'm going to have to talk shit over Xbox live all by myself." he frowned up.

"You're a big boy now Kyle, you can do it." Jackson patted his back and laughed.

"Dude, why can't you go look for the papers some other weekend? And who in the hell takes that long looking for something."

"I bet you can't even find the floor with your room being as messy as it is." Jackson laughed. "Besides I have no idea where they are." He told Kyle he needed his birth certificate and other documents, he just never mentioned what they were for.

"What are they even for?" Jackson hesitated. He used several excuses as to why the papers were so significant, so many that he couldn't remember.

"Just medical records and other bullshit the school needs." he avoided looking over at Kyle.

"Whatever. I'll find something to do I guess."

They continued to walk through the school toward the athletic parking lot. When they came to a split hallway Kyle continued to the exit but Jackson made a left.

"Where you going?" Kyle asked stopping.

"I need to get something out of my locker."

"Alright man, hit me up if you get bored or something." He walked down the hall and exited the double doors.

Jackson went through a few more halls to his locker. He did his combination and opened it. He knew he wasn't going to do any homework over the weekend so he placed his backpack inside. He shot Skylar a quick text and slid his phone back in his pocket. On the top shelf of his locker there was a little black box. He grabbed it, closed the locker, and headed down the hall. He felt his phone vibrate and reached for it.

~OMY right now. My bag's already on the bed of ur truck~

Jackson replied when he got in his truck. To pass time he played music and gased the engine. It was pretty cold, his breath was visible while breathing even though he had the heat cranked up.

Skylar had been lying a lot lately. It wasn't because he wanted to, it's just that everything needed an excuse or cover up. Thursday he told Logan of the plan to spend the weekend at Jackson's. He didn't mind being used as a scape goat, but Skye didn't like it. His mother and Logan's mom talked regularly, if one of them says the wrong thing he's done for. The worst part was that he didn't know if it all was worth it. What happens if he goes to Jackson's house and they just sit around and watch TV. Anything they could do at Jackson's house could have been done at Skye's. He wouldn't dare bail out, but only because it was last minute.

Skye opened the double doors that led to the athletic parking lot. The cold air instantly hit him and he pulled his hood over his head. The parking lot was still being emptied but most of the vehicles were gone by now. Jackson's truck was instantly visible. All the football players with trucks park along the side of the lot. It's funny because one who isn't familiar with the school usually gets confused at the sight of twenty or so trucks backed into spots all next to each other. He walked through the lot with his hands in his hoodie pocket. Once Jackson noticed him he put his truck in gear and began driving toward Skylar. The blonde started smiling when Jackson began swerving between other cars. He could see him laughing through the windshield.