Ch 22 [Two Mouths]

I got home a little after nine. It was dark out and the air was light and cold, making my nose a little rosy. As I opened the door I noticed several lights on downstairs. The living room TV was playing, lights beamed from my parents room and the dining room. I dropped my bag, I'd hear nagging from my mom for it, but whatever. The smell of lasagna filled my nostrils, my stomach was growling so I headed for the kitchen. My feet dragged across the carpet.

The way my house is design you can only enter the kitchen from the garage or the dinning room. As I turned the slight corner to enter out dinning room I bumped into Jackson. His arms wrapped around me, keeping my balance. I watched a playful grin appear on his face. I smiled back and fixed my feet.

"Hey, baby." he said, planting a quick kiss on my lips. "Missed you."

"Shut up." I tried not to giggle. He kept his grin and slowly removed his arms from me. The sound of my stomach growling kind of cock blocked us. "I'm starving." I tried to talk over it and walk into the dinning room.

"Hey, whoa whoa whoa. Why don't you um-don't you want to take a shower first?" he said. He sort of blocked my way by extending his arm to the side of the doorway.

"You're the last person that needs to give me advice on when to shower." I laughed and tried to walk past him again. He moved his body in front of me again.

"Yeah, but you don't want to eat while you're all sweaty and gross." he said, trying to be casual, but failing.

"That made me feel sexy." I said. He awkwardly laughed. "Jackson, are you trying to hide something from me?" I asked smiling. I never knew what he was up to, yesterday he got half the school in on a super amazing homecoming proposal for me.

"What?" He scoffed. "No, what's there to hide? I'm pretty much an open book. Who doesn't hide things? This guy!" he pointed at himself with his thumbs. I raised an eyebrow then suddenly attacked him with my fingers. I tickled his abdomen, causing him to produce the girliest laugh in the world. He stepped back a bit but caught himself by holding onto the doorframe. He pulled himself forward and we were in the same position as before.

"Jackson, move." My tone got little more annoyed. He put his hands up.

"Okay, just don't overreact, okay?" he stepped out of the doorway and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Overreact about wh-" I stepped inside the dinning room and my first sight was her. It. That she devil or a rally girl. Jonna. There were papers around the table, she was writing something. My eyes shot open and I did a compete 180. Jackson squinted one of his eyes as if I was about to hit him. I grabbed his shirt and pulled him out of the room. "What is she doing here!?" I asked in an intense whisper.

"And this is you overreacting..." he nodded his head.

"Well yeah, there's a major whorebag in my dinning room who clearly likes you and you're telling me not to overreact. I kinda feel entitled to overreact." I whispered. I peeked my head back inside the dinning room then leaned back in.

"Skylar it's not even like that. After the parade she found me, your mom saw us talking and I told her Jonna's my rally girl. She invited her over for dinner. It came up that I wasn't doing all that well in Econ and Jonna offered to help. That's it." he said. It's like his eyes were doing all the talking. I rolled my eyes and looked off to the side. "Like I told you, you're my little rally boy everyday of the week." he smirked.

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up." I pushed his shoulder. He smiled.

"I'm going to run up and use the bathroom, be nice?" I rolled my eyes again. He ran past me then I heard his feet trotting up the stairs. Before I stepped in I took a deep breath. She still had her head down writing something onto a sheet of paper. As I walked past her she raised her head.