Ch 18 Part 4/4

I woke up with my arm around him. His scent filled my nostrils, causing me to grin. Last night I used his chest as my pillow. Jackson's strong hold was enough to help me sleep through the night. Our legs were intertwined at the foot of the bed. It was an unspoken thing for us to play footsies during the night. The sound of his heartbeat was soothing.

Jackson had been awake with me for a while, we were both just too comfortable to move or open our eyes. The sun was beaming through his blinds. It must have been around noon. We fell asleep pretty late last night. Today was the last day at his house. The weekend has been amazing. It was the our first weekend as boyfriends and we made it count.

"We're going to have to start getting ready to head back up soon." His voice was rough from being tired. I felt his fingers stroking my arm.

"Yeah." I opened my eyes and gazed up at him. "I've got a lot of shit I postponed for the weekend. Time to come to reality, huh?"

"Does reality mean we can't do this anymore?"

"I mean it's going to be hard to." I moved my hand from his chest to take hold of his hand. "But that doesn't mean I don't want it."

"Sometimes I wish we could just, be public about it, you know? I wish it wasn't such a bad thing for us to date. Why does everyone have to be so damn difficult?"

I did wish we didn't have to hind our feelings for each other. It seems like I have to lie everyday to cover up and hide. My mom knows and I still have to lie to her. Everything I've been doing for the past month goes against everything I was taught growing up. Lying, dating a guy, sex before marriage. I hate to say it, but when I'm with Jackson I don't even remember my religion. Since my foot got cut I've gone to church every weekend, except for this one. Tomorrow I'll be back in the gym full time. I have came up with an excuse as to why I didn't show up for practice Friday afternoon, Saturday, or Sunday evening. I didn't even tell her I wasn't coming, I just shot her a text yesterday night saying I was out of town.

Thinking about everything made me a bit uneasy. With a sigh I sat up and rubbed my temple.

"You alright?" Jackson placed his hand on my thigh.

"Yeah I'm fine." I cleared my thoughts and stood. "I need to print out those study questions for tomorrow's Chem test."

He sat up in the bed and looked over at his computer. It was a little dusty from not being used but dirt never hurt anything. "I think there's some paper around here somewhere for that printer." He tossed the covers off of him and got up from the bed. I smiled and shook my head at him in his just boxers. He left the room, I could hear him rifling through things in the living room.

The computer booted up pretty quickly. Logging in wasn't a huge obstacle, his password was his football nickname followed by his number. His screensaver was a picture of Tyra Banks in her prime, she wore a bikini and looked very seductive in the sand. I rolled my eyes. Seeing the picture made me think of all the other women he probably looks at on this screen. He was single for a while, his palm most likely became his best friend.

I logged into my school's account. Our teacher sent a link to some questions that might appear on our exam. I should've been studying them all weekend but I was having too much fun with Jackson. I received a few emails since I last checked. Mostly bullshit. Reminders to order yearbooks, scores from the girls volleyball games, and links to ENouncments. I scrolled through looking for the email when I came across something a little peculiar. It was a link titled 'Exposed'. I would've ignored it but it said the sender was Haley. She isn't a class officer or council member so it must be a personal message. I know she had a little crush on me or whatever but I thought she was over it by now. I clicked the message and an attachment began loading. I swear to God if this is a nude I'm punching her in the face tomorrow.