Ch 5 [Touch my neck, and i'll touch yours]

"What do you mean you're not taking me?" I shouted at mother. "We've talked about this almost every night since Sunday."

"Watch your tone." my dad said lacing his boots up.

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my mom with my arms folded. I was completed dressed and ready to leave for my competition. I had my leotard on under my competition jacket and a pair of sweats. My bag was over my shoulder, inside I packed completely; grips, completion pants and shorts, KT tape, everything. I hadn't missed a beat, but mom stood in front of me searching the living room for her keys.

"Honey, I'm sorry. I completely forgot that Christian has a dentist appointment today, he needs fillings." she flipped over pillows and felt in between the cushions.

"So melt some foil and pour it in his mouth later, we need to go like, now!"

"Skylar you talk to your mother like that again and I'll snatch her lips off." my dad looked up from his boots.

I zoned him out and focused on my mom who scurried back in forth throughout the house. "What am I supposed to do? Bam will kill me if I miss the first competition of the season." I followed her into the kitchen. Very rarely does she miss my meets. When she doesn't take me I usually ride with Bam.

"Speaking of Bam, why can't she take you?"

"I told you, she went out of town Thursday and we're suppose to meet her in Longmont in less than an hour." When gymnast arrive at competition early they sometimes get to practice on the equipment before the other competitors. Bam's probably been expecting me all morning.

"Sweetie, I don't know what to tell you. If I cancel this appointment there's no telling when they'll be able pencil him in again." she grabbed her keys off of Kyle's nightstand and went back down stairs. She called for Christian.

"Why can't Carly take you?" Kyle asked he was dressed like some mountain man and looking at him made me want to hit him.

"Because, Junior Men's Gymnastics Association rules state that any gymnast under the age of eighteen must be signed in and registered by someone who is over the age of eighteen. That excludes coaches and or trainers. If I woulda' known I would have signed up to ride on the bus and had one of the other moms sign me in. Carly couldn't sign me in if she wanted to, besides it would take her an hour just to get ready and I need to leave now.

"Us too." my dad got up from the recliner with a tackle box in one hand and a backpack on. Kyle followed him holding two fishing poles.

"You two are just going to leave when a lifetime of my training is about to be thrown away because I failed to attend one stupid competition that I would've dominated in." They both looked at me not knowing what to say. They went out the door, shortly after mom dragged Christian out of the door and threw him in his booster.

"Mom!" I stood in the driveway, dad and Kyle pulling out in the truck.

"Honey, I'm sorry, I really am. I'll make it up to you somehow, but I really have to leave right now." she got in the car and began backing out. "You're running my life, I hope you know!" I shouted as the car zoomed down the suburban street.

I turned around the walk back into the house. In mid turn I noticed Jackson washing his truck. In all the commotion I didn't even notice him.

"Wow, that was uh... something." he was in a muscle shirt in jeans. His was hosing the truck down, his smirked at me as I stood there angry.

I didn't want to ask but at this point I was out of options. I stood one foot on the other, my feet freezing from the cold pavement under me. I just blurted what I had to say out.

"You're eighteen right?" I asked walked closer to him my arms still folded.

"Yeah." he replied tending to his truck.

"And you drive. This truck. And it actually runs? On gas?"

"It has been all week." he laughed.

I sighed and stared at my feet. I pushed the question out of myself not looking at Jackson as I asked.

"Will you drive me to Longmont?"

"Longmont?" he asked putting a kink in the hose. He stared off thinking with his mouth wide open. I tapped my foot while waiting for him to answer. "Alright." he said calmly. He dropped the hose and walked over to turn it off.

I nearly jumped. "Okay. Go put a shirt on and let's go. If we leave now I might still be able I make registration." I ran back inside and grabbed my gym bag. I left a note on the island and ran back out. As soon as my feet hit that cold ground I ran back in to grab my shoes.

Jackson came down stairs putting on his jacket. "I'm assuming I'm taking you to your meet, right?"

"Yeah, now get your ass in that truck. If I miss the march-in Bam'll kill me."

I basically dragged him out of the house. When climbed in his truck and backed out of the driveway heading for Longmont.

****
Jackson's POV

The traffic was heavy, but not as much as I expected it to be. It was actually pretty calm for a Saturday. I drove down the highway going ten miles over the limit, switching from lane to lane. Skye was frantically texting. I looked over at him and chuckled. He had on this really tight black and red shirt, it was sleeveless and appeared to be tucked in to his sweats. His jacket had the name of his gym on it and a silhouette of man doing some stunt. His last name was also on it. He kept looking out the window then back to his phone.

"Calm down, Dimples." I chuckled.

He shot a glare at me that almost made me swerve off the road. He was all worked up, and he couldn't look cuter.

"Damn, boy." I commented on his death stare. "We're almost there." I've been speeding this entire time, Longmont's only like thirty miles away anyway.

"No one's texting me back, they must've already started." he tossed his phone in his bag and threw his head back. "I'm going to be doing conditioning until my legs fall off." he whined. "Can't you get there faster." he sprang up looking at the road.

"I'm already going fifty-four in a forty."

"Yeah, well you might as well be going fifty-five." he snapped back.

"Will you calm down, you're going to get there, you don't have to act like a--"

"A what?" he snapped again. I remember Kyle telling me that Skye can be a control freak when it comes to gymnastics. I was starting to regret taking him.

A few minutes later we arrived at the meet. There were a good number of cars in the parking lot. Not even a second after I parked Skye was out of the truck and dragging me inside the gymnasium. There was a woman organizing a stack of papers on a long white table. She was placing them in a folder and packing up the rest of the things on the table.

"I need to register. I'm with APGC." Skylar said taking his jacket off. He handed me his gym bag and jacket. I stood there holding his stuff looking confused.

The woman stood looking at him with an annoyed look. She looked at a clipboard then back at Skye.

"The Art of Precision Gymnastics
Center signed in over an hour ago." her voice was pitchy and annoying .

"Yeah, but I'm with the junior elite competition team. I missed the bus."

"Registration is closed." she started to walk off. "If you would like to buy tickets the booth is around the corner, now excuse me I have to go watch the Walk-In."

"They're about to do the stupid Walk-In, what do I do?" I didn't know what to tell him, gymnastics isn't my domain. I honestly felt bad, there was nothing I could do. "Bam was counting on me, and I totally screwed up."

"Bam? You're Bam's boy? Skylar?" asked the lady turning around.

"Yeah.."

She placed the folder on the table and began going through the papers. "I've heard about you, you're everyone's number one pick for taking home gold today." she grabbed a small packet from the pile and handed it to Skylar. "Bam filled most of it out, you just need an adult to sign."

"Show her your ID." he nudged me. Still holding all of his things I dug through my pants pocket.

The lady examined my ID then handed it back to me. She wrote in something on a clipboard with a half smile. "Your his brother?" she asked me.

"Uhh. No. He is--"

"Boyfriend?" she asked nonchalantly.

I just stood there with my jaw dangling. I looked at Skye who rolled his eyes. Thanks for making it awkward lady.

"He's a family friend." Skylar handed her back the packet.

We ran into the competition area. There were a few teams already lined up. Skylar found where his team was and ran toward them. I'm starting to get a workout with all this moving.

A lady, I'm guessing who had to be Bam, was upset and asking Skylar a lot of questions. He explained the situation and she murmured something in a foreign language.

"You go on floor first."

"How many other gymnast besides us?" Skye reached in his bag and pulled out a pair of shorts. He slipped off his sweatpants and my eyes went wide. Everyone just carried on like nothing was happening, he was in a tight fitting leotard, it was like a Under Armour bathing suit for gymnast. He pulled the shorts up and handed me the sweatpants to put in the bag.

"There are thirty-seven in your level." she replied she helped him stretch his arms and back.

"You were just in your underwear." I whispered to him.

"It's a comp shirt." he said annoyed.

"Do all gymnast wear leotards?" I giggled. Come to think of it all the other guys had the same tight shirts on, well leotards disguised as shirts.

"Shut up." he took his jacket and put it back on. Taking the gym bag from me he placed it on the floor by a lot of other bags. "The moms from my team are sitting over there." he pointed to a group of five or so moms socializing in the bleachers.

"You've lowered me from a football player to a gymnastics mom."

"Can you just go, please. There's a concession stand somewhere around here. I'll come check on you after a few events, but I have to go."

He started running over to his teammates who waited to get their names called.

"Dimples!" I shouted. He turned around with an annoyed look. "Good luck." he smiled, showing those amazing dimples.

They called his name along with the rest of the guys. He smiled and waved to both sides of the gym. Looking at everyone on the floor he was definitely the hottest. On a scale to ten he's a dime, his body makes him like a forty-two. I watched him walk back to the bench and all I could do is think he could do no wrong in those shorts.

I stood by my truck waiting for Skylar to come out of the gym. After they did the rewards I went down to congratulate him. He sent me out with his bag to wait. When I left he was talking to the director of the competition. He was complimenting his skill and giving him these packets for upcoming competitions. Apparently Skye's the real deal.

The meet took about four hours. I went through half the money in my wallet buying food from the concession stand. Once my phone died I found myself counted the number of bleachers. The only time I recall myself watching gymnastics is when the Olympics are on TV and I check out the girls. Sadly this competition was all guys, I'm not denying that a guy can attract me, it's just that they have to be really good looking. Skye stood out from them all, not only in his looks but his skill. I'm no expert but it was obvious he was better than everyone, the score said it all. Out of a possible 60 points Skye got like a 58.983. The guy that took silver was like three whole points under him. Looking at him on that podium holding the flowers and the medal around his neck I could tell he was at home.

When I saw Skye coming out of the gym I cranked my trunk and drove up to get him. He climbed in still smiling, the medal around his neck shined in the sunset.

"First place, hell yeah!" I stuck my hand up for a high-five, Skye opened his arms for a hug. Awkward. He ended up high-fiving me. As I pulled out of the parking lot he showed me the medal, he was so excited.

"That was the first meet of the season and I kicked ass!" he was so cheerful.

"One of the moms was telling me you could make the national team." I actually overheard one of them say it, I wouldn't dare socialize with middle aged women invested in their children's careers.

"I make the junior national team every year. This is the first year I'm old enough to make the senior team." he was texting on his phone, probably telling everyone who would listen.

"National team?"

"Yeah. We compete like everywhere. The Senior team is where they chose who goes to the Olympics from."

"You can go to the Olympics?!" I turned to him. How many people get to say they were an Olympian? Skylar is the shit. Maybe he really is a prodigy.

He laughed and looked back at me. He was way too calm about the situation for me. "Yes, the Olympics. Bam doesn't want me on the Senior National Team until I get into College, she thinks I'm too young to compete against the best in world." I could tell he agreed with Bam, but the ambitious side to him wanted to go out for the team.

I thought I was good at my sport, Skye puts me and Kyle to shame.
West Caperton is known around the Nation as being a football school, Kyle and I are the first All-Americans to play for the Rangers in nineteen years. There's no doubt we're going to make the All-Star team. Scouts have been coming to watch us since out junior years. If things go well this season we'll be able to go to any college we'd like next year.

We pulled into the driveway, just like when we left Kyle's truck was the only vehicle there. The meet was over around four o'clock and it only took us half an hour to get back. The sun was still setting and it made the most beautiful sight. It was getting cooler by the minute, when I talked could see my breath due to the temperature being so low.

Skylar unlocked the door, the house was much warmer than outside. He dropped his gym bag in the same place he did the day before and took his shoes off.

"Carley!" he shouted up the stairs. He wandered off into the kitchen and I plopped down on the couch and turned the TV on.

He came back through the living room and headed up the stairs with a water bottle in his hand.

"You going to tell Carly?" I asked flipping through the sports channels.

"No. She, mom, and Christian went out to eat and to the mall, they left a note." I nodded my head as a response. "I'm gonna go take a shower."

"Be careful." I smirked. Like clockwork he rolled his eyes and went up.

I surfed through the channels, someone told Kyle and me that they were doing a segment on the sports channel about our game last night. We won team of the week out of all the high schools in the state.

I eventually gave up looking for it after ten minutes. I filled up at the meet on pizza and popcorn, but I stay hungry more than anything. One thing I love about the Bauer's is that their kitchen stays stocked. Skye's little yogurt cups are pretty good. I could still taste the one from last night. I was surprised Skylar didn't attack me for stealing it. I was surprised he let me get that close to him. If I had the balls to do it I could've kissed him, we were that close. In the truck i was scared he was going confront me about it, part of me wished he would. After it happened I went back up to Kyle's room and replayed it until I fell asleep. A week ago, the day I met him, I had to stay in the bathroom until the boner he gave me died down. That kid is one fine piece of ass. Him turning me down just makes me want it more, and he knows it.

I heard the water in the shower upstairs turn off. I listened to him fumble around in the bathroom and then walk to his room.

If he looks good shirtless I can only imagine how good he looks without any clothes on.

I shook the perverted thought out of my head. "He's two years younger than you." I said in my head. I poured myself a glass of juice too get my mind off those dirty thoughts. I chugged it all down in one gulp and poured another glass. I sipped it and looked out the window at the amazing sunset. Music playing from upstairs made me look away from the view. Skye turns on that stereo more than anything, well besides me. Sometimes he plays it all through the night. The music made me think of him, and thinking of him made me go back to the perverted thoughts.

I put the glass in the sink and walked up the stairs. When I got to the top I looked down the hallway to see light shining out of his room, the music was much cleared up here. Kyle's door was a few steps away. I could go in there and play the Madden, or I could go try playing with Skye. He knew I was into him, what's the point of just flirting with him if I never make a move, right? But if I go for it and he shuts me down, it'll be awkward between us, I see him everyday the last thing I need is him hating me as much as Carly does.

I just closed my eyes and let me feet take me. Well actually I took myself. I was halfway to Skye's room before I knew what I was doing. Clawing at the walls couldn't stop me legs from creeping down the hall. I veered around the corner and looked into the room.

Skye was looking at himself in the mirror while he blow dried his hair. He's such a pretty boy. With the other hand he brushed his hair, no wonder it's always so soft.

He looked up and saw me through the mirror. "What's up?" he asked still tending to his hair.

"Uhh... Nothing. I was just coming upstairs and heard the music." I stepped in the room a bit.

"You like this song?" he looked at me through the window. I've heard the song before, it was that new one my The Neighbourhood. It was a good song, but I only knew the chorus to it."I think this might be my favorite song at the moment."

"It's alright." I said taking a few steps closer to him. He turned the hair drier off and continued
brushing his blonde hair.

"Have you always been this high maintenance?" I asked. I was only a few steps behind him. He gave me a mean look through the mirror.

"I am not high maintenance, I like being taken care of." he came back. Back when Carly and I were dating she told me that Skylar has always been the spoiled one. To his mom he's a little prince. Even though he and his dad argue he still gets whatever he wants from him. High maintenance is actually an understatement.

"I can take care of you." I smirked at him. I don't like to brag but I'm pretty damn smooth.

"I can only imagine." he rolled his eyes and set the brush down. He's like the King of Shutdowns.

"Me too." I said smoothly. I gazed at him through the mirror. He scoffed and tried to walk pass me. I stopped him by wrapping my arm around his waist and pulled him back. "For real." he stepped back and folded his arms, his facial expressions were insulting the hell out of me. "I can imagine it all. You're the hot little gymnast, I'm the big bad football player. We would take the school by storm. We could make out at my truck before school, and at night I could sneak in your room and cuddle with you. It's all up here." I tapped my head. At first he looked like he wanted to slap the lopsided grin off my face, but the more I talked the softer his expressions became. He stood in front me with a scared and curious look. "You can't tell me you don't want that." I bit my lip a bit, I realized we were basically in that same boat we were in the night before.

"I don't." he said, it was hard for him to keep eye contact with me, it's so damn cute how nervous he gets.

"C'mon, Skylar." I scoffed. I took a small step toward him, he countered with taking a step back. "Let's be real for a second. You know I like you," I took another step forward, him back. "that's no secrete." we each took our steps. "And I'm starting to get the feelin' that you're digging me too." our little dance continued. "So in a way this was going to happen regardless, ya know?" he backed up into his dresser as I stepped closer. "Since this is gonna happen whether you fight yourself over or not, I kind of want you to fight it," I wrapped my his around his tight waist. He nearly lost his balance, he stabilized himself by planting his hands on the dresser behind him. "it makes it sexier." I leaned my face down to meet his. His eyes gazed into mine, I felt his heart racing. "Just say no, okay?" I said just over a whisper.

I closed my eyes and leaned closer until our lips met. I kissed him easily, taking it slow. His lips were so soft and moist. At first he just stood there with me sucking his lips, he eventually slowly began kissing me back. I tried to enter my tongue is his mouth with little success. He was taking baby steps but getting where I wanted him quickly enough. When he finally let me, I slipped my tongue in his mouth and caressed it over and around his. I groaned as I thrusted my hips. My jeans started becoming tight due to me grinding my crotch against his. Our innocent little kiss started to become a hot makeout session. I removed my mouth from his and made my way down to his neck. I kissed his cheek first then down to his jaw bone. I licked along his law line with the tip of my tongue causing him to give me the sexiest moan in the world. I sucked at the base of his neck. He let his head fall back and I found my hand in his hair massaging his head. I looked at his neck at the hickey I left and smirked.

"Fuck yeah." I groaned. I picked him up onto the dresser. His face was the same level as mine now. He held my face and pulled it back to his lips. It made me smile as I began taking my jacket off. I toss it off to the side and placed my hands back around his waist.

He was a pretty good kisser. He moved his hand from my face and wrapped them around my neck. The fact that he was letting me do this and he was actually returning the favor made me go out of control. I pulled him to the edge of the dresser and thrusted between his legs. My hands eased under the basketball shorts he changed into and rubbed his thighs. His skin was soft and he smelled like vanilla. "You are so fucking sexy." I said nipping at his ear with my teeth. I was getting harder by the second.

"Easy." he said whincing. I bit his lip a little harder than I wanted. I was going a little fast and kind of rough, but I couldn't help myself.

I lifted my shirt a bit as I pulled out of the kiss. "Is this okay?" I asked . He looked down then back up and nodded. I grabbed his hands and placed them on my shirt so he could take it off of me. I raised my arms as he lifted the shirt over my head. I took the shirt out of his hands and tossed it away with my jacket.

Before returning to the kiss I lifted him from the dresser and carried him over to his bed. I dropped him and climbed between his legs. As I grinded up and down I pinned his arms and hands down to the bed. With every thrust he let out a little moan. I made my lips go back to his neck and left another bruise. I moved the sleeve of his bro tank and left another on his shoulder. He felt good, and all I wanted was to make him better. I lifted his shirt, exposing his beautiful body. Starting at the lines of his hip bones I kissed my way up passing over his naval and then past each ab. I flicked his nipple with my tongue causing him to let out a loud moan. He held my head against his chest as I licked and sucked.

"Jackson." he moaned between breaths in his raspy voice. His fingers raked through my hair and pulled it a bit.

I pulled back and stood on my knees tugging at his shorts. "Can I?" I didn't know how far he was going to let me go, but I wasn't going to be the one to stop this.

He took a second to think about it. Without saying a word he raised his hips and allowed me to slip the shorts down to his ankles. I threw them behind me then grinded back between his legs. He had on navy blue and green striped boxer briefs, they had the Hollister logo on them. As we kissed my hands went under his tank and caressed his body, he did the same to mine. He was soft, I've still yet to find hair on him aside from his head and peach fuzz on his armpits.

I slipped my tongue back inside his mouth. We've been at it for a while now and his chest was still beating fast. Mine even sped up a bit. This moment was what I've wanted since I first laid eyes on his sexy ass.

"Boys!" I heard Mrs. Bauer call out to us from downstairs. She was carrying her keys and I heard the rustling of bags.

"My moms home." he said pushing me off of him and leaning up. He maneuvered under me and off the bed. His shorts were back on quicker than I could tell him to..

"Calm down." I laughed.

He threw my shirt and jacket at me. I chuckled as I tried turning it inside out.

"Hurry up." he whispered frantically.

I slipped it over my head and before I could think he had me by my arm dragging me out of his room. He pushed me out and closed the door behind him. I scoffed still pulling my shirt down. I walked down the hall wiping my mouth and smiling.

I walked stepped down the stairs trying to hide my grin before I got downstairs. Halfway down I passed Carly, she was carrying about five shopping bags.

"Hey Carly." I said almost laughing.

"Eww." she had a disgusted look on her face as she passed me. I laughed and made a clicking sound with my teeth.

Mrs. Bauer was sitting on the loveseat with Christian. She was putting a bandaid on his knee, he had a little scrape on it. She crumbled up the scraps and handed it to Christian. "Throw that away, sweetie." she said after kissing his knee. He smiled a skipped off.

I sat on the couch and greeted her.

"Hey, sweetie." she smiled at me. "Where's Skylar? He didn't lose did he? He'll spend a week in his room after losing at a meet." she started to get up from the seat to go upstairs.

"No ma'am, he got gold." I said and she sat back down with a smile. "He did really good."

Speaking of the devil, he came down the stairs looking a lot more calm. He sat next to his mom and she kissed his cheek.

"Oh, honey I'm so proud of you." she hugged him tightly.

Carly came down the stairs texting on her phone. "No need to show favoritism, mom." she said sarcastically.

"Carly did you give it to him?" my mom asked. "I told you I was going to make it up to you. " she looked at Skye and smiled.

"Give him what?" I wanted to be in the conversation.

"The ability to mind his own business." Carly said with an attitude. "And no. We said we were going to wait, remember?"

Mrs. Bauer was so giddy. "You'll love it, baby." she told Skye kind of shaking from excitement.

"So how long have you two been home?" Carly asked placing her phone do.

"About thirty minutes." I answered her, I didn't want Skye fumbling with his words.

"What have you been doing?" she asked with a sinister look I didn't like.

"I've been playing the game and I think Skye took a shower then he went in his room."

She rolled her eyes and picked her phone back up. Skye looked over at me and l winked. He gave a weak smile then looked back down.