Ch 26

Over the next few nights Jackson sneaked inside my house. He parked his truck down the street and met me at the front door. Some times we just talked, other nights we got intimate. He's never there when I wake up. I meet him in his truck everyday once I get to school.

I always kept getting calls, emails, and visits from college recruiters. It actually got to the point where I started to get annoyed by it. Bam's been frustrated with me because we can't get through a practice without someone asking to speak with me. My mom said her phone's been blowing up too. Jackson sends everyone that tries to talk to him my way. It's frustrating but I rather have too many offers than none.

On Friday Jackson sat with me at lunch. He looked sexy as hell in his jersey. They had an away game today. It was a very important round in the playoffs. He was nervous, not because the game, but he feared he'd get limited playing time. My dad's been working him like a horse. I didn't think it was a good idea for him to play, but it's not like he'll let me talk it out of him.

"You gonna finish that?" Jackson asked. He pointed at my sandwich. I shook my head. He grabbed it and took a monstrous bite. "I really want you to come to the game." He chewed.

"I'm leaving tonight." I said.

My mom and I were flying to Daytona tonight. I was attending East Coast Elite, a bi-annual competition in Florida. It's not too tough but it's still nationally ranked. Hopefully I'll be able to live up to the gold standard of last weekends meet.

"I know, it's just dumb to me that you have to leave every weekend." He said.

"Do you miss me?" I asked, grinning.

"Every time I'm not around you." He brought his lips to my cheek and planted a tiny peck.

"Gross." Logan scrounged his nose as he walked up to the table. "I've never seen two people so mushy all the time. You're like the kings of PDA."

"Maybe if you find someone, you could take the title." I said.

"Not gonna happen, the ladies are intimidated by my manly toughness. I'm not approachable and I can't be tamed."

"I'm glad you think highly of yourself." I laughed.

"It's how I make it through the day." Logan said as he sat down. "Have you had your interview with Stanford yet?"

I cleared my throat and motioned for him to stop talking. Stanford had been contacting me all week. They really wanted to interview with me. I was even offered to come spend the weekend down there. I hadn't told Jackson because every time it bring it up he gets in his feelings. They haven't contacted him, so he feels they only want me.

"You're interviewing with Stanford?" Jackson asked, turning his head to me.

"What? No. Who said anything about Stanford.

"Logan just said Stanford." He chuckled.

"Did he?" I furrowed my brows.

"Yeah." Jackson nodded. "You're setting up an interview with them? I thought you said you weren't interested in them."

"I'm not." I couldn't look at him as I said it. He could read me like a book. Logan looked at me with confused eyes.

"Good." Jackson said and smiled.

I made sure to avoid Stanford for the remainder of the lunch hour. As soon as the bell rang I kissed Jackson good bye and followed Logan out of the cafe. When we both got out the double doors I grabbed him by the arm and turned him around.

"You can not mention Stanford around Jackson."

"I know that now." He said. "You can't keep that from him for forever. They're offering you a lot. It's a great school, amazing state, one of the best teams in the country. You'd be an idiot to turn them down."