Ch 16 [I hate the beach]

Skylar's POV

My mom helped me into her car then walked around and climbed in herself. I strapped on my seat belt and let out a sigh. I was tired and not ready to go to school. My mom was heading into work a little late so she could take me to therapy. I had the first appointment of the day. I was too tired to even cooperate. The weather was gloomy and wet, it was an all around bad start to my morning. The only good side to it all is that I won't have to be on crutches, my armpits are thankful. The therapist gave me a cushioned boot. I could walk on my foot now, just with limited pressure.

"You want to get something to eat before I drop you off?" my mom smiled at me as she started pulling out.

"No, I'm fine." I was sorta slumped in the seat and staring at the rain out the window. She patted my thigh and proceeded to the school.

"Sweetie, you should be happy. You got a boot, no more crutches." I really was glad that I could actually walk again, I just had a lot on my mind. With Jackson, gymnastics, school, it was just all too much to handle. "And Homecoming is coming up."

I let out a groan. "Please don't bring that up."

"Are you taking someone this year? You haven't asked me to buy a mum yet."

"I'm not taking anyone this year." I replied dryly.

"Why? You always look so cute with your little dates." she smiled at me and I rolled my eyes. I really didn't want to talk about homecoming.

"No one asked me, and I've been a little too caught up with things to ask somebody, so whatever."

"Jackson isn't going to ask you?" she asked calmly and looked over at me.

My eyes shot open and I sprang up. I stared back at her, shocked. How in the fuck did she know? How is she so fucking calm? What the actual fuck?

"What? W-Why would you ask that?" With the same calm attitude she pulled over on the side of the road. She looked at me and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I know, baby." I tried deny all accusations but she shushed me. "Sweetie, you babble a lot when you're on laughing gas." That fucking laughing gas..

"Mom, I-"

"Baby, it's okay. I don't love you any less." she hugged me. I felt tears forming in my eyes, but I didn't know why. I squeezed her tightly as tears began running down my face. I felt like such a girl.

She pulled away from me and wiped my tears away. She moved my hair out of my face. I saw her eyes a little watery too. We looked like a pair of sissies.

"But I do want to have a little talk, with the both of you." she pulled out of the hug but still held me.

Part of me was happy that she knew, well figured out. How could she have been so calm over the past couple of weeks. She sees and speaks to me and Jackson everyday and if she never said anything I wouldn't have known that she knew. So that makes my mom, Logan and Kennedy. Everyone is finding out my dirty little secret. A month ago I would probably be trying to find a bullet to put through my head, but I've become okay with the idea of being gay. Or bisexual. When I'm with Jackson all the hate that I fear getting doesn't matter. I know he'd protect from everyone... I hope.

"Wait," I jerked away from her. "Please tell me dad doesn't know!"

She shook her head. "I didn't want to be the one to tell him, but if you and Jackson are going to be together you'll-"

"Mom, no. First of all, you're being to cool about the situation. Second, dad would kill Jackson and disown me if he knew, and you know it." she pursed her lips. "Promise me you won't say anything."