Ch 27

"Ladies and gentleman, as the clock ticks down the Rangers are celebrating. With only seven seconds left, the ball in their possession, and them up by eight, West Caperton is headed to the semi finals." The announcer said.

On the field the players were already jumping up and down. The crowd was shaking the ground, everyone was excited for the team. Coach Bauer even had a huge smile on his face. He was that much closer to taking his team to the state finals. Just two games were in his way of another state ring.

Carly ran onto the field holding her cell phone. She had on a hoodie over her cheerleading uniform. The temperature was really low. Almost everyone's hands were numb.

She ran directly to Jackson. He was celebrating like his teammates. Carly tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around a looked down at her.

"It's Skye." She said.

"How'd he do?" Carly put a thumbs up. With the okay he held the phone to his ear. "Hey, baby." He smiled.

"Congratulations." Skylar said. His voice sounded tired and worn out. He, his mom, and Christian flew to Texas earlier today. His competition was one of three that determines national rankings for the next year. With him back to his natural self, he's been knocking out the competition left and right. In Daytona he had a clean sweep. The week after he took home three gold medals in West Virginia. Now he was back in Dallas, kicking ass and taking names.

"Congrats to you, I heard you did good." Jackson said.

"Yeah, but I didn't just make it to the state semi-finals." Skye smiled.

"No, you just beat the best gymnast in the country. In other words, you made the semis look like child's play." Jackson said with a smirk. Skylar was silently smiling on the other end of the line. "I wish you were here."

"Me too."

The players started headed back to the locker room. Jackson didn't want to say bye but he was being called. "Listen, you get some rest. I'll call you later."

"Okay. Don't have too much fun at the after party." Skye said.

Jackson chuckled. "Bye, babe." Skye made a kissing noise on the other end of the phone. Jackson did the same then hung up.

"Bye, babe. Smoochie smooch smooch." Kyle teased. He came up from behind Jackson and got him in a headlock.

"Fuck you." Jackson laughed, struggling to get out of the grip. "Your armpits reek, man."

"Well get a good whiff because that's the odor of a quarterback going to the semi finals." Kyle said just before he let Jackson go.

"Not surprisingly that odor's rank." Jackson said. Kyle laughed, he was on cloud nine right now. Nothing could bring him down.

"How's Skye?"

"He won, but I don't know what in. He's nagging me about behaving at the after party." He chuckled.

"Awesome. But about the party," Kyle said. "A bunch of us were thinking we could blow it off. Just go out to your place, order some pizzas maybe."

"That sounds cool." Jackson said.

They both walked with the rest of the team to the lockers. Jackson tossed Carly back her phone once they entered the building. As the boys began undressing Coach Bauer walked in.

"Gentlemen," he started. "That is how football is suppose to be played." He spoke with a mountain of pride in his voice.

The players whooped and tossed their jerseys in the air.