Ch 1 [One love One house]

The sound of the whistle blowing was a noise the boys grew all too familiar to.

"Alright guys, bring it in." said Coach Bauer as he took the whistle out of his mouth. All the boys jogged to the middle of the field and huddled around the man. Every single one of them had beads of sweat racing down their faces and several were panting. "We had another great practice today, you guys looked great." He tossed a football from hand to hand as he scanned the players.

"I wanna thank you for taking time out of your summer to come out here and put in work over the past few weeks. We got a pretty solid team, I can't wait to see you guys kick some ass." that caused a few grins and head nods. "We open the season against Arden on Friday and it's going to be tough, but for some reason I don't think we'll have a problem. We've got the best arm and best pair of legs in the district."

He tossed the ball to one of the players. He was tall and muscular. His short curly brown hair was wet from the sweat. He caught the ball and held it tightly in his hands, a smile creeping on his handsome face. Another one of the players patted him on the back. He also had short brown hair, only his was a little more cut down and darker.

"You guys enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'll see you Monday after school. Now bring it in." said the Coach as he stuck his hand out. All the guys gathered around and put their hands in.

"Rangers on three!" yelled a heavy voice. "One! Two! Three!"

"Rangers!"

The team separated. Chatter filled the field as everyone headed for the locker room.

Coach Bauer walked off the field toward the parking lot. The curly headed boy quickly jogged toward him.

"Dad." He said tapping him on the shoulder.

Coach turned around and nodded his head up. "Yeah, son?" he said while fishing through his pocket for the keys to his truck.

"Since it's the last Saturday of the summer, Zack's parents are having a barbecue and some of the guys are going over, and I thought we could maybe go over tapes and-"

"Kyle, to the point." his dad said dryly.

"Yes, sir. Can I go over to Zach's, only for a few hours. I promise I'll be home before dinner." Kyle babbled.

Mr. Bauer climbed in his truck and started her up. "I don't know. Your brothers flight is coming in tonight and your mother's cooking for him."

"I know, but his flight isn't supposed to arrive until 8, and that's not counting layovers and time it takes to get his luggage and-"

"Kyle!" he interrupted in an annoyed tone. He took his cap off and threw it on the dash. "Alright, but don't be speeding and don't be late, your mom would be pissed if he got home and you're not their.

"Yes, sir. I'll be there." Kyle said before running back to the locker room, he wanted to leave before his dad could change his mind.

Skylar's POV

I've been in the sky more than on the ground today. I got sneezed on by a sickly four year old with the snottiest nose, I've listened to like 712 crying babies, and the flight attendants have been less than useless. I was so ready to come home, but if I knew it was going to be this aggravating, I would've stayed in Dallas.

As soon as I stepped foot off of my last flight, I sighed in relief. Not only because I was free from the hell that is airline traveling, but because I was back home. A smile and goosebumps appeared as I felt the late summer breeze that I missed. I've only been away from home a few months but that was a long time for me. A long time away from my friends and family, I haven't seen my gym in so long I forgot what it looked like. Looking around the airport made me realize that I didn't want to be in here for while. It also made me notice that people in Denver are pretty pale compared to Texans. My skin looked golden compared to everyone else's. One of the perks of moving from Colorado to Texas for a summer.