Chapter One

Hellow Wattpaders! I am really excited to share this story with you. I hope you give it a chance, I promise you wont be disappointed! 

Please don't forget to vote/comment/follow!!

Cheers,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PART I

The Nightmare

CHAPTER 1

“Aaaaaaghhhhhh…”

Ethan cried out in frustration as he leaped in the air, flipped and landed behind the demon that was trying to kill him. He lunged with all his might and buried his light dagger in its medulla. The demon extinguished. Ethan knew that if not struck in his most vulnerable point the demon would revive in a few minutes, turn around and attack him with a vengeance; demons did not extinguish easily.

Demons were everywhere, destroying everything in sight. They didn’t discriminate between animals and people, they were on a rampage. Blood was running like a red-river on the streets, smoke was coming from the many fires the demons had started with their breaths. Ethan could feel his throat burning from the toxic fumes. If he didn’t get help soon, this would be his last fight.

“Can I get some help, please?” Ethan yelled telepathically directing his thought towards the Ascended Masters in the Astral plane.

In his peripheral vision he saw a scuffle. That meant that someone was putting up a fight and not dropping dead like the rest of the victims in this mayhem. Maybe this was the reinforcement he was wishing for. It took only one good demon fighter to even the odds.

A demon was quickly approaching him. His teeth were pointy and jagged as broken glass. His eyes were red and glowing; his muscles were obscenely huge. In an instant the demon was on him, squeezing the life out of him. Ethan knew that his life would be over in the next few seconds unless a miracle happened. Once he was killed in this dimension, his death would take place within minutes in the Earth plane. His parents would find his body in the morning and autopsy results would show that he died of heart failure in his sleep.

He wasn’t ready to die yet, not here, and certainly not in the Earth plane. At eighteen he had his whole life ahead of him. He had a lot of things to accomplish yet; he would not allow some grotesque demon to snuff out his life. This thought gave him the courage to summon the last bit of his energy and fight for his life. If there was anyone nearby who could help they would hear him.

In the next instant the demon vanished and Ethan fell on his ass.

Ouch, that hurt.

He would rather fall on his ass than die.  He took a deep breath and shook his head, rubbed his eyes to clear his vision.

Miraculously, all the demons had vanished. The fires were burning out and the smoke was dissipating fast. The river of blood on the ground was slowly disappearing, too. This was the kind of help he was wishing for. It was a miracle; he wondered who his savior was. He looked around.