Chapter 5

CHAPTER 5

Ahmed and Quentin headed to Ella’s house. They were in no hurry to get there; they walked at a leisurely pace.

“So, where are you from?” Ahmed asked. “I’ve never seen you around before. Are you related to Ethan?”

“No, I am not related to any of them. In fact, I haven’t known them that long. We were thrown together in much the same way as you and I were.” Quentin explained. “I am from the States.”

“So, you are American.”

“That’s right.”

“Do you have any family?”

Quentin shook his head. “No. My mother passed away about a year ago. We had only each other.”

“Really? I can’t imagine how lonely you must feel. I have a large family. I am the eldest of five children. We aren’t rich, but we are healthy, and that’s what matters the most. That’s what my mother says; especially when we can’t afford the expensive things we want. My father works at a factory. It’s physical work, but it’s honest work. He tells us to make sure we get an education so we have a better life.”

“You are a lucky guy, Ahmed. You have a caring family” Quentin said. “I never met my father, but my mother married a very nice man who became my step-father for a short time.”

“Then what happened? They divorced?”

A sadness clouded Quentin’s face. “No; he passed away.” He pushed the memories away. He didn’t want Ahmed to know what a monster he had been. It was too early in their relationship.

Ahmed wanted to learn all about this new brother. “What do you do for a living?” He asked.

“Well, let’s see. I have been travelling since graduation and basically seeing the world. I don’t really have job yet.”

Ahmed laughed. “Man, that must be nice.”

“It was nice, but my life didn’t really have a purpose; not a noble one anyway. I have been thinking about changing all that.”

“How did you end up with those guides? They are funny.”

Quentin laughed, “They are here to make sure that I am changing my ways for the better, and I won’t go back to being….” Quentin’s voice trailed off. He did not complete what he began to say.

“What?” Ahmed asked.

“Let’s just say that I wasn’t always a Lightworker. I am pretty new at this.”

Understanding dawned on Ahmed. “It’s okay man. It’s never too late to change.”

“That’s right. I got two guides watching me around the clock and Jayna ready to zap me if I so much as have an evil thought.”

“Here we are,” Ahmed announced. “This is the place.” They walked up to the door and rang the bell.

They heard footsteps and the door opened a few seconds later. A strikingly attractive, young woman opened the door.

“Hi, we’re looking for Ella.” Quentin said.

“We are here to pick up the cell phone she found.” Ahmed elaborated.

“I’m Ella.” The woman said and opened the door wider. “I’ll get your phone.” She turned around and walked towards the back of the house. She was wearing a tank top and a flowing long skirt; she was barefoot. Her corn-silk like hair hung down to her waist.

Ahmed decided this was as good a time as any to practice his telepathic skills.

Man, she is hot.