Chapter 32

Cliff's POV

Tapping my foot impatiently and slightly gritting my teeth out of anticipation, I followed the hand of the clock that ticks every second.

Kulang nalang ay ngatngatin ko ang mga kuko ko sa daliri para lang kalmahin ang sarili ko.

Hindi ko na rin naririnig ang pangbubunganga ng aming teacher sa harap.

All I'm focused now is the time, and my nervoursness for this day.

3

2

1

*Kringgggggg

Bago pa man makatayo ang mga kaklase ko ay nauna na ako. Darting towards the door, I made my way out without even glancing back at the shocked faces of my classmates and the ugly look of our teacher for being insulted at my actions.

Pake ko sa kanya? -.-

Well, I know why they're shocked. Alam kasi nila na hindi ako nakikipagsabayan sa parang stompeed na nangyayari pagtapos ng klase.

I usually stay back hanggang sa konti nalang ang tao sa hallway.

But for the past few days, I've been the first to come to school and the first to come out.

Kung mayroon lang merit ang pagpasok at paguwi ng maaga siguro sobrang daming merit ko ng naipon.

Nakipagsabayan ako sa agos ng mga estudyanteng katulad ko na pumuno sa buong hallway.

Why?

Because this way, she won't find me. And even if she did, I'll have the chance to run away.

I did it yesterday. Kaya magagawa ko rin ngayon.

Dali dali akong nakipagsiksikan sa dagat ng estudyante hanggang sa makarating ako sa labas ng gate.

Without even glancing back, I hailed a cab at ibinigay ang address ng bahay namin.

Yup, I'm avoiding Hope.

And before you guys call me a sissy or a coward or whatever words that have same meaning, I AM ADMITING IT.

Yes, I am admiting that I am indeed a sissy, a coward, a jerk, and whatever.

After the stunt I pulled last friday, I've been avoiding her since.

I can never face her.

Not without me sprouting awkward words and I knew I'll just going to embarrass myself.

And not without admiting what I feel, and that's what I'm scared of the most.

Cause there's still something that's holding me back.

And I know I can never let myself betray that person.

Even if it means I'll have to stop myself from loving Hope back.

Even if it means I'll have to push her away again.

I bit my lip as I felt a pang of pain on my chest.

And it took me all my strength not to cry inside the cab.

Nang makarating ako sa bahay ay agad akong dumiretso sa aking kwarto at pabagsak na humiga sa kama.

I hugged my pillow and buried my head on it as I let out the tears I've been trying to stop the moment I had the thoughts in the cab.

Suddenly, my mind went back to the reason why I cannot have Hope.