Chapter 28

Serena Hope's POV

"So? Any news?" agarang tanong ko nang makarating ako sa isang puno na nasa field.

I'm leaning on the tree and anyone who can see me right now may only think that I'm just really leaning on the tree without any motive.

But that's where they wrong because Spike is up on this tree, letting the thick leaves and branches of the tree to conceal him so that no one will know of our encounter.

"No luck Uno, those guys wouldn't budge" he whispered.

I closed my eyes and calmed my nerves.

First of all, I'm really worried right now because I just left Cliff on the cafeteria even though I made sure that my men is there and I can still see his back from here.

And second, the tension in my gangster World is getting stronger and stronger.

I don't know if I can still keep the fact that someone put a hit on Cliff. Because knowing my enemies, kapag ito ay nalaman nila, hindi lang sila magsasaya, sasali pa sila making it difficult for me to protect Cliff's life. They will make sure that I will have a hard time finding the hitman to keep me distracted.

They know I'm not worried for my safety so the hit on my head is technically a futile attempt but in Cliff's... They know he's the only one that they can use.

I know its a wonder why all this time, ngayon lang nangyari ito.

This is because this time, I don't know my enemy. He/She is a sneaky bastard, using tons of people and though I hate to admit it, this is the first time that I can't find the identity of someone albeit using all of my connections.

Even Winston who runs a freaking hacking and tracing and anything related business can't find that son of a btch!

I've given Winston a day. But he called to say that he needed a month and for an arrogant bastard like him to admit he can't do anything in a given time, thay only meant that the fvcker I'm dealing with now is one hell of a slippery fvcktard.

Tss.

I swear, if I only know who that damn cockroach is, this problem would've already been solved by now.

"Uno? What should I do?" tanong ni Spike.

I opened my eyes and refocused them on Cliff.

But I frowned when I saw that the empty seat in front of him is now being occupied.

And not just anyone but by that freaking Angel!

Angel my ass -.-

I heard Spike sigh but I didn't really care. My focus now is in the shaking back of Cliff and the laughing face of the btch.

I don't need to be a genius to figure out that they're both happily laughing.

I felt my insides twist as I felt a pang on my chest.

I've never seen him so happy around a girl before even if he dated almost all of the girls in this school.

And even if I know I'm already making a progress in our relationship, I know to myself that I've never made him that happy.

All I ever made him feel is awkwardness, hate, and whatever negative feeling there is to feel.

"Go get your man Uno, I'll try again and will contact you tommorow" Spike said.

I didn't even wait for him to safely go which what the usual Uno will do. Instead, I hurriedly walked over to the cafeteria, my feet heavily padding through the floor as I try to control the bubbling bitterness in the pit of my stomach.