Chapter 23

Third Person's POV

Cliff gaped at the girl in front of him.

He didn't know what to do. He was too shocked about the girl's announcement.

Still, he can't let the girl live with him. No way!

Iniisip palang nya ay para na syang nasasakal. Noon nga na hindi lumalapit sa kanya ang babae at panay tingin lang ay halos lumubog na sya sa sobrang ilang, paano pa kaya kung titira kasama nya ang babae?

With that in mind, he forced himself to stand up.

His fists clenching on his sides.

He glared at the girl.

"No" he growled.

But Serena didn't listen. She can't. Not now that her beloved is in danger.

She can't risk it.

She looked at Cliff's friends, completely ignoring the fuming boy.

"I will have my men escort you both to your homes. And don't worry, some of my men will also watch you 24/7" she explained.

Tumango naman ang dalawa.

Fier fell completely silent and looked like the dead cat really got through his happy-go-lucky personality.

"Yah!" Cliff pointed at Serena.

The girl looked at him. Her icy stares made him gulped and can't help but to stutter.

"W-Why are you going to live here? No way!" he said, slightly pissed at himself for stuttering.

Serena looked at him seriously making him want to go and hide. He really hated the girl. He hated the fact that the girl makes his heart beat faster than anyone could.

He also hated the girl's eyes. Its so dark and hollow that makes him feel like its seeping through him and making him lost.

Its pretty. The girl is pretty and he hates it.

Serena is the only person he hated.

The only person who can make him lose his control.

Just like now.

Serena sighed and took a step towards the boy she love but stopped when the boy took a step backward.

She ignored the pang in her chest and covered her face with an expressionless mask.

She cannot be weak now.

She needs to protect Cliff even if that meant that Cliff will hate her even more.

"What kind of a queen am I..."

This time she made no room for Cliff to move backwards. She closed their gap quickly until their face is only inches away from each other.

Serena put her hand on Cliff's left cheek, caressing it softly making the boy close his eyes and lean in to the sensation conciously.

"If I can't protect my king?"

Cliff's eyes snapped open, startled with the sudden declaration.

He felt himself blush, unable to control his heart beat that's getting faster and faster as he looked in the intense eyes of the girl.

Serena looked at the boy. Memorizing every part of his face.

She too, can't believe this is happening. This is the first time she actually did something like this. The first time she made a move on Cliff.