Death

{A/N: Whelp. Here we are. The last proper chapter. You dudes have been awesome to stick with me this far. Please enjoy the grand finale of...It's The Eyes :)}

I heard him...in my head. Whispering to me, trying to manipulate me again. It was driving me insane. How much longer could I hold on for, knowing that if I let go...there would be no coming back?...

Sky's POV

I sat up, staring round the circle at all my friends, new and old. There was FireSpark, snuffling quietly in her sleep, Mitch, starting to snore, as usual. Thana, Crystal and SilverShadow all curled up together in a separate group. Seto reading a book on herbology, and Ian. He was lying on his back, staring up at the sky. I marvelled at how, even when he'd been through so much, he'd pulled through it all. Now we were finally headed home! But I had a feeling that Ian wouldn't be joining us, purely out of fear that he'd lose control and kill us all. He'd never get to make another youtube video; his fans would've given up on him by now. Even when all that trouble with Maddie was going on, he'd never been absent for as long as this. They'd all be saying he was dead. And the truth was, is that he is. The SSundee I used to know was destroyed by Derp months ago. Now he was different. I wasn't sure how; he'd just managed to somehow adapt. But we all have a breaking point, and I think Ian is close to, or had already surpassed that point long ago. He shifted slightly, turning his head to look at me. His blue eyes were clouded in fear. "Sky." He whispered. I tilted my head, signifying I was listening. Ian had never looked so scared. "He's talking to me again. I'm losing the battle. I can't hold on." My stomach clenched. "Don't say that." Seto looked up, his brown eyes wide. "What did you say?" Ian took a shaky breath. "Guys. I'm not coming back to the village with you." I sighed. "I didn't think you would be." Seto's jaw dropped. "B-but...FireSpark. She'll be crushed! And your fans!

Do they not matter to you?" I winced. Ian growled. "There's a reason I'm not coming back with you, and that's to protect you all. If I shift one more time, whether by accident or out of sheer desperation, that's it. I'm doomed, and so are you." I took in the force of his words. He was right though. He was dangerous to be around now. FireSpark stirred slightly in her sleep and opened one sleepy eye. "W-what's going on?" "Ian's leaving." Seto blurted out. I facepalmed. "Way to go Sorcerer." FireSpark's amber eyes filled with tears. "What?" She whispered hoarsely. "Please don't leave us Ian. Please." SSundee's face suddenly contorted in pain and he grit his teeth, still fighting. "I-I don't have a choice FireSpark. I have to protect you all." (Am I the only one feeling the feels? Oh yeah, hehe, need more blood.) Thana lifted her head, regarding us with a sleepy expression. "Aren't you sleeping?" Seto put his book down. "We were till we got a bombshell dropped on us." Thana rolled her eyes. "I don't get metaphors." I suddenly noticed SilverShadow had disappeared. "Hey, where did Silver go?" I heard a choking noise and whipped round, catching my breath. "Ian!" Silver had him in a choke and he was clawing at her shadowy arm in anguish. FireSpark was frozen in shock and Seto's brown eyes were open wide. "Let him go!" I yelled. Silver narrowed her eyes. "I'm not letting go till the Rebellion gets what it wants." Ian's blue eyes were wide open and panicky. My heart skipped a beat. If he shifted now, it was all over. Crystal sat up. "Oh my Notch. Silver, you traitor!" Thana hissed and her wings unfolded to their full extent.

"You won't get away with this." Ian grit his teeth and shut his eyes tight. We were running out of time. "FireSpark, move!" She snapped out of her trance and leapt at Silver. I drew my sword at the same time as Crystal. Talons and teeth appeared on Thana and she roared, her dragon tail whipping round. Silver took one arm off the choke on Ian and conjured up shadows in her empty palm. Seto gasped. "She's a hybrid Necromancer!" I stared at him. "That bad?" "Very." I looked round at Mitch, who was now wide awake and had an arrow notched at Silver's face. "She can teleport and use shadow magic." I gulped. "That doesn't sound good." "Guys! Help!" FireSpark had jumped on Silver's back and was getting thrown around as Silver tried to dislodge her. I went for Silver and Mitch let his arrow fly. It hit Silver in the shoulder and she cried out at the same time I ploughed into her. Ian fell from her grasp and cried out as Derp attacked him again. Everything was happening too fast. I saw FireSpark running backwards, then falling. Thana dived over the edge of a cliff and grabbed her as she was falling. Ian drew his sword and staggered to his feet, legs shaking. Crystal drew a bow and she and Mitch shot arrows where they were needed. I hit the ground and Silver dug her elbow into my abdomen; the air rushed out of me. FireSpark hit the ground running when Thana dropped her and they both attacked Silver. Ian stared at the sword in his hands, I could I see him muttering under his breath. Seto ran past me, hands aglow with purple magic. I sat up. "Ian." I gasped. He closed his eyes, breathing slowly, calmly, despite the carnage going on around him. I saw him lifting the blade up. "Ian!" His eyes opened and they were clearer than they'd been for months. "I know what I have to do Sky." I froze. "No, Ian." He gripped the sword's hilt so hard his knuckles went white. "Ian no! Stop!" He didn't react to my voice at all.