Hurt

Derp SSundee sat on a mossy log, staring out at the world. "If only they knew..." He grinned. "FireSpark nearly lost it with me." He kicked a stone away by his foot. "Won't let that happen next time." He sighed. Maybe it was time for SSundee to come back. Derp was bored. SSundee was fun to play with. If you counted making him suffer and playing twisted games with his fragile mind as fun. He narrowed his eyes and nodded slowly, a sadistic smile creeping across his face. "Let's see how sane he is after spending some time in my head."

SSundee's POV

I sighed forlornly. Herobrine sat opposite me, glaring at the flames of the campfire we'd made as dusk approached. Now the flickering tongues of heat painted deep shadows on our worn faces. I was exhausted; fatigue aching in my bones, yet I couldn't sleep. I felt as though I should be hungry, yet I couldn't eat. There was no food here after all. It was the same with thirst. Having been here for so long I should've been parched long ago. Yet, I felt fine. Well, as fine as you can feel after you've been condemned for murder twice and made an outcast. Herobrine looked up at me. "He is weakening." My head snapped up and I stared at him. "Derp SSundee is?" He nodded. "You could always try again." I shuddered. I'd already tried to break free of this demented void and nearly killed myself mentally. "N-no. The pain was nearly as bad as when I shifted last." Herobrine nodded. "Fair enough." I put my head in my hands. "When will this end?" "When will what end?" I grit my teeth. "This entire thing has been a nightmare from start to finish. I've suffered pain, hurt, misery, confusion, fear and somehow endured it all." I raised my head and looked up at Herobrine. "But how long till I snap? How much can you take away from a person till they are no longer a person, till they are just a hollowed out shell of their former selves?" I closed my eyes and listened to the eerie night's silence and the crisp, crackling of the flames. Herobrine sighed. "He is going to let you return. If only for you to suffer more." I froze. I was faced with a dilemma here. I could either go back and resume the pain I'd temporarily escaped, or I could remain here and remember it for eternity. Safety or pain? Then I remembered my friends. They were in constant danger as long as I was here. But would returning do any good? I knew it was inevitable I would shift into Derp SSundee for good...or would I? I raised my eyebrow. "If I am stronger than Derp...will I still have to kill myself to kill him?" Herobrine pursed his lips.

"He is strong, cruel, and intelligent. He is sure he will still find a way." I tilted my head to one side. "How do you know what he thinks?" Herobrine smiled a tight-lipped smile. "He knows you're here. With me. Whereas your endurance is more so than his, his mind is stronger than yours, mentally and psychically. He realised he could communicate with you through me." I nodded slowly, still slightly confused as to how my alter ego could reach us through hundreds of dimensions, but trying not to show it. Herobrine smiled. "Best not to worry too much about him. But the question remains the same: What are you going to decide?" I bit my lip. "I-I want my friends to be safe, but Derp will still kill them whether I'm here or not." Herobrine looked at me sadly. "There's still a chance you can fight him, but there's no chance here." I sighed. "I guess I'm going back then." Herobrine stood up. "It's a shame really, you seemed to be the only one here who isn't a reckless murderer." I laughed dryly. "Well, I'm not, try asking Derp SSundee the same question." Herobrine nodded. "Perhaps I will." Then the world twisted and warped around me. Colours blinded me and my breathing was restricted. All I could hear was my heartbeat pounding in my ears and the blood rushing in my head. Then my feet hit solid ground and I stumbled slightly. I grit my teeth in pain as I tried to regain my balance. I heard footsteps approaching me from behind and froze. "Ok Derp, you're hiding something. C'mon, what is it?" I didn't bother to stop the grin spreading across my face as I recognised FireSpark's voice. I turned round. "I have a confession to make...I'm not Derp SSundee." She screamed in delight and ran at me. I caught her in my arms and she nuzzled into my chest. "Oh Ian, you're ok!" I savoured the warm sunshine on my face and the blissful feeling of holding FireSpark in my arms once more. "I missed you." I buried my face in her hair. "I missed you too. But I couldn't return until Derp yielded. I tried to and nearly killed myself." I paused. "But it would've been worth it for you."

Derp SSundee faced Herobrine. "So, you're the culprit?" He sneered. "Well, obviously. Only I would be capable of pulling off something as daring as this." Herobrine snorted. "Pretentious are we?" Derp shrugged. "Perhaps, but at least I'm not the one who's playing twisted mind games with our friend SSundee here." Herobrine sighed. "I-I just wanted to give him hope." Derp smiled sadistically and strode forward, till his crooked eyes were inches away from Herobrine's soulless white ones. "Even you know there's no hope. I'm stronger than SSundee and I always will be." Herobrine smiled coldly. "But he knows something you don't." Derp froze. "What?" Herobrine's white eyes glowed with mischief. "He knows how to kill you Derp SSundee. Then we'll see who's stronger out of you two..."