It's The Eyes...

Prologue:

It was a dark, moonlit night, and the cobble streets glistened with dew. It was the early hours of the morning, and the sun had not yet risen. All was quiet. Suddenly, footsteps could be heard. They echoed round the sleeping village; amplified by the intense note of silence in the air. A dark figure steeped into a shaft of moonlight. He turned his head to check he wasn't being followed, then drew his iron sword with a soft sheen. He held it before his face, examining his reflection in the blade's cold glow. Then, he started as a voice cut through the silence. "Who are you?" The figure looked to his left where a lone villager stood. "Me?..." The villager looked round before answering. "Well, you are the only one here besides me." The figure tilted his head to one side, a fiendish grin just noticeable under the shadows wreathing his face. "In that case." The figure took a few purposeful strides forward, and before the villager had time to react, stabbed him savagely with his sword. As the villager's knees buckled, he slid down to the floor, so the only thing keeping him up was the sword. The figure wrenched it out and blood cascaded out of the wound like a crimson waterfall. Then he hunkered down to the villager sprawled out on the floor and moistened his lips, before whispering maliciously, "Tell them he has returned...and this time...nothing will stand in his way." Then he stood up and sheathed his sword, splattering blood onto his clothes; checking one more time that there had been no witnesses, before loping noiselessly down the cobbled street and vanishing from sight. In the morning, a loud, piercing shriek awoke the village. The woman found at her dead husband's side was not just screaming in anguish at his death; but at the message carved into his arm. 'Are you afraid to die?... DSS'

And so it begins...