Fight

The leader of the Rebellion made his way slowly down the gliding staircase. The banister was gilded with silver and lapis and he let his fingers lightly trace over the engravings carved in the painted wood. The sorcerer was standing at the foot of the stairs, hood concealing his identity as always. There was something about him the man didn't trust. He was meant to wait until Derp SSundee reached the stronghold before they caged him. Instead, the sorcerer goes and attacks him in blind sight of a bustling village. It was like he wanted to prove a point to the leader, like: You can't control me. The man didn't particularly care, but he was going to find out where the sorcerer's loyalties lay, one way, or another. He reached the bottom of the stairs and turned to the sorcerer, a fiendish smile twitching at the corners of his mouth. "How are our prisoners?" The sorcerer bowed his head, hiding a grin. "They're fine sir." The leader's hand tightened its grip on the diamond sword in its scabbard. "I want to see him. In person." The sorcerer knew what he meant. "Of course sir."

SSundee's POV

I think it had been perhaps a week, maybe less, since Seto had kidnapped us. We were all growing restless in our bonds. The chains were cutting deeper into my wrists and my arms were numb and cold. I was talking to Sky and FireSpark when Seto came in. I froze and we all stared at him standing in the doorway. He let his hood fall to his shoulders and came up to me, gingerly placing his hands on my chains and muttering an incantation under his breath. The chains fell to the ground and I went for him. Even as I attacked him I felt myself shifting, my body growing stronger, more reliable. My eyes burned and ached as I pinned Seto to the ground. I stared into his eyes at my reflection as mine turned outwards. I realised I hadn't felt practically any pain that time. I didn't know if that was a relieving or sickening. Seto swallowed hard. "Please, I'm trying to help you!" "Oh really?" I spat. "And helping us counts as kidnapping us, humiliating us and trussing us up in chains until it suites you to set us free?!" My voice was hoarse and anger bit through my strangled tones. Seto scowled. "I'll have to explain later, but for now, the Leader wants you. Correction: He wants to fight you." My interest was piqued at the mention of a challenge. "Really?" I reluctantly let him up. He glared at me. "Yes. Derp SSundee. Now come with me." I stood my ground. "Why should I?" Seto sighed. "I'll have to drag you there if you don't come now!" I growled. "I'd like to see you try." He smiled. "I wouldn't challenge a sorcerer if I were you." I narrowed my crooked eyes, remembering the fight in the village. "Fine. I'll come." I felt my friend's shocked gazes burning into my back as I followed Seto out into the open. The leader stood in the centre of an immense room. The walls shot upwards, curving into a domed ceiling. I let my eyes fall to my opponent. He had an enchanted diamond sword. I frowned. "Where's my sword?" The leader nodded at Seto and the sorcerer drew it from a scabbard hidden beneath his cloak, tossing it to me. I caught it deftly by the hilt; he must've confiscated it when he took me down in the village.

I turned back to the Leader. "What do you want?" He smiled. "To fight you. I want to see if you're really as formidable as they say." I tilted my head to one side and grinned. "Alright then. But I'll warn you, I don't fight fair." He winked at me. "Who said we were fighting fair?" He lunged for me and I swiftly sidestepped, swinging my sword round. His own flashed upwards and the two blades clashed together. I growled and kicked his legs out from under him. He fell and dived backwards into a roll, coming up into a crouch. I went for him and he took another step back. I stabbed with my sword and he kicked it out of my hand. I narrowed my eyes and swung a fist at him. It crunched into his nose and he grit his teeth, fighting through the pain. He kicked me in the ribs and the breath rushed out of me, making me go weak at they knees. "C'mon then Derp SSundee. Is that the best you've got?" I heard Derp's voice echoing in my head. He underestimates us. Let me go in for the kill. I took a deep breath and let him take over my mind. Power and fury rushed through me, my heart pounding faster in my chest. The leader took a step back, noticing the difference in my eyes. Whereas when I was control, Derp's eyes were clear, when Derp took over once more, they clouded in fury and bloodlust. "Hold on, who are you?" Derp smiled. "I'm Derp SSundee, otherwise known as your death." Derp leapt at him, a savage snarl ripping from his mouth. The leader blocked his first attack but Derp ducked his swing and his fist crashed into the leader's side. I heard an audible crunching noise as ribs broke and splintered. The Leader screeched in pain and adrenaline poured through my veins. Another punch and the leader was in his knees. Derp sneered. "Is that the best you've got?" The leader looked up at Derp and I saw the pain in his grey eyes. "I never realised just how powerful you are. Why fight it though? If I were you, I would harness that power-" Derp roughly grabbed his arm and pulled him to his feet. The leader contorted in agony as ribs punctured and broke the skin. Derp snarled and hissed in the leader's ear: "But I'm not you. And if I were you, I'd be running as far away from me as possible." The leader coughed and blood dribbled from his mouth. Derp let him drop and he writhed on the floor, broken bones puncturing internal organs. Seto walked forward calmly and laid his hand on the leader's cold forehead. Purple light spread out and illuminated the skeleton under the skin for a brief second. Then the ribs sunk back into the skin, organs repaired themselves and the leader stood once more. Seto stepped back, looking as though he'd rather have left the leader as he was on the ground.