Panic

(A/N: Hey doods! Sorry it's been a while coming, but for the first time I'll be publishing 2 chapters to this in one day! The next part should be up later on, look out for some plot twists in it! *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* Say no more! XD 2K reads, titis is INSANE guys! You doods are all awshum! Squeaks! 😎)

SSundee's POV

I had left the safe house with the others earlier as we had decided it was ok to return to our home in the city. I kept my head down as we walked through the winding streets. I could feel numerous gazes burning into me as I trudged after the others. I hated having to keep my head hidden when I once marched through these streets with my head held high. I sighed and looked up forlornly at my friends. Sky was laughing and talking animatedly to Deadlox; FireSpark stuck close to my side, making sure I wasn't targeted. I clenched my fists in anger. This was all Derp's doing. He wanted to make me suffer. So he was going to blackmail me, isolate me, hurt me and more. I growled. I hated him with every inch of my being. If it wasn't for him I would still be a normal person. Being there for my friends and living my life. FireSpark glanced at me sideways, making sure I was ok. I bit my lip and tried to withhold the tears threatening to prick my eyes. Sky looked behind him and grinned at me. I smiled back half-heartedly. No need to burden my only friends with my problems. It was my responsibility to keep Derp in check. Not me. Besides, I knew that getting angry wouldn't help. If anything, it might even provoke Derp. I smiled in a twisted way, ironic; to provoke the one who provoked me. FireSpark looked concerned; Deadlox looked at ease for the first time in weeks. I guess it helped being back in his domain. Sky looked happy at least. Only I was feeling negative. Depressed even. I guess I had good reason to be. We reached the house and Sky knocked on the door. It opened and Mitch's face broke into a huge grin. "Guys! You're ok!" Sky grinned back and even I raised a smile. It felt good to be home. Mitch led us inside and I felt relief at not having to hide my face anymore. "Husky! Jerome! They're ok!" There was a muted reply, and two figures ran downstairs. Jerome was first to appear, his furry face glowing with happiness. Husky followed his down and jumped the last two stairs. Mitch and Jerome led Sky and Deadlox into the kitchen.

I looked up as Husky approached me. FireSpark followed the others into the kitchen and I was left alone. Husky looked at the floor, shuffling his feet awkwardly. "So...yeah...it's been a while huh?" I smiled. "Yeah. Guess so." I felt an overwhelming feeling of sadness. "I'm so sorry. Everything that's happened is my fault." Husky looked taken aback at my sudden exclamation. "It's cool Ian. Really, we're always here for you." I nodded, my thoughts were fuzzy and my vision was blurring. "Husky, I-" My legs had become suddenly numb and Husky caught my arm as I fell. "Ian!" My head was swimming and there was a ringing in my ears. What was happening to me?! Husky looked panicky as he picked me up bridal style and ran into the kitchen. I tried to move but my limbs were no longer responding to me. Absentmindedly, I wondered if this was what it was like to die. Sky's jaw dropped when he saw me limp in Husky's trembling arms. Deadlox blanched as FireSpark ran over to us. I saw her soft amber eyes staring down at me, wide-open and frightened. "Ian? Can you hear me?" Her voice sounded muffled, as though she was speaking to me from underwater. I couldn't move an inch of my body. Panic swamped me as I felt myself losing control of my sanity. Derp's voice echoed in my head. "What have you done now Ian?" I sent back my thoughts back to him in my head. At least I could still do that. "You mean, you're not doing this?" Derp snorted. "You wouldn't be much use to me dead would you?" My vision was failing. I could see FireSpark's lips moving, but no sound was issuing from them. "I-I'm dying?" Surprisingly, I could feel Derp panicking. "Your heartbeat is slowing down." I tried to focus, but my thoughts were slipping away. Suddenly, I thought of something. A vague memory. In the alleyway. The attack. The man demanding I join the rebellion. A sharp pain in my chest. He'd injected something into me. It had released some sort of toxin into my bloodstream. They'd failed to coax Derp into joining them. I paled. This was their Plan B...