Bloodstains

(A/N: *In SSundee's voice: Ok doods, here we go! You doods ready?! GO!... I couldn't resist! XD)

SSundee's POV

I stared my reflection in the mirror; I wasn't even sure who I was anymore. I studied my hands, there were faint blood stains on them. No matter how many times I cleaned them, the blood of the innocent still remained. I stepped away from the mirror and hid my bloody jacket as Sky walked in. He tilted his head to one side. "Ian, are you ok?" I realised I was hyperventilating. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I hurriedly replied, attempting to calm my racing heartbeat. I started to sidle towards the door. "So, um, I'll see you guys later?" Sky grabbed my arm and forced me to look at him. I sighed in defeat. "Ok...what is it Sky?" He frowned slightly. "Since all those murders started appearing in the papers, you've been acting really weird Ian. Are you sure you're ok?" I nodded hastily. I could tell he wasn't convinced. "Alright...if you say so- but if you ever need anything...we're here for you, bud." I blinked at him gratefully before walking out of the room. I froze, remembering I'd left my blood-splattered jacket in there. I peeked round the corner and saw Sky staring at something. My eyes widened in horror as he picked it up and studied the bloodstains on it. "What the-" He swivelled round and stared at me. "Ian. What is this?!" His eyes were burning with anger and confusion behind his sunglasses. I slowly backed away as he advanced towards me. "Sky, I swear, I can explain-" "You're a murderer." I was at a loss for words. "N-no, please. Listen to me-" "Now I know why you've been acting so suspicious lately. You've been keeping secrets!" My back was against the wall; there was nowhere to run to. Sky pinned me against it, eyeing me with suspicion. "Ok, now what's really going on?" My eyes widened as I felt something stir inside of me. "Sky, let go." It was meant to sound threatening, but it came out as more of a whimper. "What?" "Let-" I steadied myself; looking Sky in the eyes. "Let. Me. Go." He smiled grimly. "I'm not letting you go till you tell me what's going on!" I closed my eyes. "Please forgive me for this Sky, but I need to protect you." Then I lashed out and kicked Sky's shin savagely. He grunted in pain and let go of me, clutching his bruised leg. I hurtled down the corridor, scooping up my jacket on my way past it. I could hear heavy footsteps behind me and knew Sky was chasing me. "Dammit." I cried out as a searing bolt of pain stabbed me through the skull. He was taking control. "No no no no no!" I could see a window up ahead; my vision failing I used my last ounce of strength to power through it. Glass shards exploded everywhere; several piercing my flesh. With pain clouding my thoughts the last thing I saw was the pavement rushing up to me. Then...darkness.

Sky ran to the shattered window and looked down. Below him his friend was sprawled out on the pavement, blood trickling down his face. Sky gasped and called down to his friend. "Ian! Ian, you ok?!" The figure below him moaned in pain, clutching his head. "I'm coming bud!" Sky whipped round and ran for the stairs, scaling them two at a time. He skidded to a halt at the bottom as he came face-to-face with his friend Mitch/BajanCanadian. Mitch stared back at him wide-eyed. "Dood! What's happening?! I can hear screaming and shouts from outside!" Sky's eyes widened. "Hold on!" He pushed past his friend and threw open the door, running out into the street. He gasped in horror. Mitch arrived at his side and clamped a hand over his mouth, stifling a scream. For before them, the stone-paved street normally so full of people, was now littered with dead bodies. Blood stained the paving stones and in the centre of it all, wrenching his sword out of a dead woman, was...SSundee. Mitch backed away slowly while Sky stood still; rooted to the ground in terror. Their 'friend' turned round slowly. Blood stained his clothes and his sword was dripping with crimson liquid. Sky stared at him in fright. His head was bowed so his face was hidden. Sky took a shaky breath. "W-what have you done?!..." He screamed and Mitch yelped in horror as SSundee lifted his head and revealed a pair of insane, crooked eyes; burning with ferocity and bloodlust. He grinned evilly. "The question is Sky: What have you done to prevent-" He gestured around him, "-this?" Mitch flinched at the man's hoarse and strangled vocal chords; it didn't sound natural. He transferred his burning gaze to Mitch, staring him down. Mitch backed away so his back was resting on the house. Sky winced inwardly as the gesture reminded him of what he had done to SSundee earlier... His eyes widened even more when he also remembered what SSundee had said before: 'Please forgive me for this Sky, but I need to protect you..." Sky's fear was suddenly replaced with anger. "What have you done with SSundee?!" He roared.

The man turned to him. "But don't you see Sky...I am SSundee!" Mitch and Sky exchanged a glance of confusion, which quickly changed once more back to horror as the man yelped in pain, falling to his knees. They watched as he clutched his head, grunting in anguish. Suddenly, he froze. Then took a shuddering breath, before slumping to the ground in exhaustion. Sky took a few tentative steps forward, then ran to his friend's side. When he tilted SSundee's head up to face him, two mercifully straight blue eyes stared back at him fearfully. As Sky watched, they filled with tears. "What have I done?" He asked Sky in a hoarse whisper. Sky was lost for words. "It-" Mitch ran up to them. "Sky! The cops are coming! We've gotta get SSundee back in the house!" SSundee's eyes widened. "Oh no." Sky stared at him, his heart racing. "What?" SSundee groaned. "It's happening again!" Mitch gasped. "Wait! SSundee is him?!" Then he paused. "God, I'm so confused right now." Sky helped SSundee to his feet. "They'll be plenty of time for explanations later...SSundee?!" He looked up. Sky swore, glancing back at the advancing cops. Those crooked eyes glared at him. "You'll pay for that." He hissed maliciously. He raised his bloody sword. Suddenly there was a bang and an explosion rang out. SSundee's eyes widened in pain as red blossomed across his chest. Mitch yelped. Sky whipped round, glaring at the cops. "You shot him?!" Mitch ran over to SSundee's motionless body. He quickly checked for a pulse. "He's ok! We've gotta get Seto though!" Sky turned and picked his friend up bridal-style, before he and Mitch headed for the house. Just before they entered Mitch paused. "I'll go get SSundee off of the Wanted Fugitives list." Sky nodded and placed his friend down gently on the sofa. When his eyes opened again they were normal. He gasped in pain. "Argh." Sky went to his friends' side. "You're gonna be ok SSundee. I'm gonna go find Ty and tell him to get Seto." SSundee nodded slowly, then watched Sky as he walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him...