Fighting

(A/N: Because I've been getting so many reads on this and good comments, I decided to make this chapter extra good for you doods!...I think it's a lot longer than the others...either that or my fingers are hurting for no reason! XD Enjoy ma doods! P.S: You guys are awesome! :D)

SSundee's POV

I sat beside Sky as Seto began to heal him. As the thick tendrils of purple magic curled round his stomach, closing the gaping wound, I felt...guilty. Despite what Sky had said about not blaming myself...how could I not? I had tried for so long to fight him back, keep me and my friends safe...but eventually, he'd grown strong enough to overcome me. I stood up and walked over to the stairs, head hung in shame. I didn't look where I was going and accidentally bumped into Mitch. "Sorry dood." I tried to walk around him, but he stood in front of me. Reminded painfully of the previous morning where Sky had tried to make me tell the truth, I sighed. "What do you want Mitch?" He looked at me sadly with his big brown eyes, and gave me a bro hug. "I know you think its hopeless Ian...but remember. There's always a chance." I nodded slowly. Mitch smiled sadly and walked past me, to where Sky was and where Tyler's...dead body lay. I nearly started crying again. But I knew I had to be strong. I had to keep on fighting; fighting him. I walked downstairs into the kitchen where Jerome and Deadlox were talking in hushed tones. I hovered outside of the room, by the door. I managed to catch a few words. "Wild...crazy...dangerous...gotta-...why not-...kill?...no!-...our friend...help...needs to be contained..." My stomach iced over as I realised what they were talking about. If possible, my mood swung down another notch. Now I felt depressed. I knew they'd never trust me again after Tyler. I opened the front door and walked out, closing it behind me. I took a deep breath, savouring the freedom. Then my gaze fell on the people milling around in the street. They were all staring at me. I gulped and averted my eyes, hoping they'd stop. Nevertheless, as I crossed the road I could feel their gazes burning into me. I kept walking; I didn't know where I was going, but...anywhere had to be better than here. Soon I felt a cool breeze blowing on my face and looked up. I had somehow found a way out of the city. I looked behind me; in the distance I could see a smudged haze where it was. I took a deep shaky breath. "I could just keep walking. Away from the people I could hurt...I wouldn't be a danger to them anymore." I thought aloud. But deep down I knew I couldn't leave. My friends needed me. I rubbed my eyes; fatigue was weakening my legs. I wouldn't be going back tonight. I looked around me. There was a nearby tree I could take refuge in for the night. I walked over to it and drew my sword.

I tried to ignore the dry crust of blood on it. Sky's blood. I shuddered. "Don't think like that." I looked up and took a running jump, slamming my sword into the tree trunk. I wrenched it out, and clinging onto the smooth bark, plunging it back into the wood further up. I repeated this process till I had reached the dense foliage above me. I pulled myself up onto a thick bough and lay down on it. It wasn't that comfortable, but it was bearable... Suddenly, I heard a twig snap. "Just zombies." I muttered. Nevertheless, I peered over the edge of my branch. I froze. Below me a hunting party of villagers stood with pitchforks and torches, muttering about something. I leaned over further, trying to catch what they were saying. Suddenly, I slipped and cried out as I plunged from the tree and hit the ground below me. I shook my head and got to my feet, only to realise the villagers had circled me and had lowered their pitchforks towards me. I tentatively poked one away from my face that was a little too close for my liking. I gulped. "Um...hi?" One of the villagers scowled, then gestured to the others. I knew what was gonna happen next. All the pitchforks plunged down towards me. I cried out as they pierced my flesh. My pain was quickly replaced with a hot intense fury. "You'll pay for that." I snarled in a voice that wasn't my own. The villagers backed away as I gave a deep, throaty growl. Then my eyes started aching and a bolt of pain sliced through my skull. I still wasn't ready. I screamed in pain as the aching began to ascend into a white hot burning sensation. I saw my reflection in one of the villagers' glasses' lens and gasped in horror internally. A pair of fierce, demented, crooked eyes glared back at me; full of hostility and hate. Why hadn't I blacked out yet?! Panic began to swamp me. I couldn't feel my limbs as I stood up and stared the petrified villagers down. I watched in astonishment as the gaping wounds caused by the pitchforks slowly scabbed over, then shrank into faint scars. I turned back to the villagers, drawing my sword. I studied my reflection in the cold metal blade; it grinned back at me insanely. Then I transferred my gaze to the men in front of me. "What's the matter? Are you afraid to die?" My hoarse, strangled voice caused them to flinch. I could almost taste the fear radiating from them. I narrowed my eyes and snarled, before lunging forward and plunged my blade into the nearest villager. As his scream resonated in my ears, my heart beat faster and faster with adrenaline and anticipation. I relished the feeling of the warm blood tricking down the hilt onto my skin. Then I wrenched it out and turned on the other men. I grinned at them like a psycho before raising my bloody sword and striding forward towards them. "I'm going to enjoy this..." (God I feel sick after writing that...not really! I REGRET NOTHING! XD)

Sky's POV

We began to panic as twilight set in. Ian was still missing. Mitch had been the last person to see him, and he'd already stated that SSundee hadn't given him any hints on where he'd gone, or was going. As the moon rose into the sky, I led Jerome and Ty out into the moonlight. We searched the city for him. Eventually we had to call off the search and hope that Ian would return sometime. My mind was swirling with doubts and worries and my stomach was tied into knots of pain and nervous sickness. He could be being forced to slaughter people right now and we wouldn't know anything about it. Dawn came and went, and as the sun rose higher into the sky I couldn't take it any longer. I stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I started a sprint as I ran out of the city and into a large hills biome. After running for about 10 minutes I slowed to a stop, resting a hand on a nearby tree, wheezing as I got my breath back. I don't know how long I stood there, but after a while I heard footsteps approaching. My head snapped upwards and my hand was on my sword hilt before I'd even comprehended what was happening. My eyes were wide in shock as a familiar figure stumbled towards me, dragging a bloody iron sword behind him in the dirt. "Ian-" I gasped, running to him. I stopped a few chunks away as he looked up at me. His grimy face was streaked with tears as I studied him in horror. His suit was stained a dark crimson and his jacket was ripped and torn. His hands were covered in blood and his sword was dripping with it. I backed away. There was a wild, crazed, almost traumatised look in Ian's eyes that told me that something really bad had happened last night...worse than Tyler, worse than the mass murder on the street yesterday. He stayed where he was, leaning on his sword for support. I noticed his legs were shaking slightly from fatigue and his skin was deathly pale, making the blood on it stand out even more. "Ian...w-what happened to you?!" He met my eyes, a dark and haunted look in their blue irises. "I shifted again...but this time...I actually saw and felt what happened..." My heart ached for him, but at the same time I knew he wasn't telling me something.

He took a deep, shuddering breath and averted his eyes, staring at the ground. "A-and the worst bit..." I waited with baited breath. "...was that I enjoyed it." I stared at him. "You enjoyed killing people?!" He looked up again, fear evident in his pale blue eyes. "Sky...I think...I think I'm turning into him." I gasped. Then frowned slightly. "What's his name?" SSundee looked at me sadly. "Don't you know what DSS stands for?" I shook my head slowly, beginning to think I didn't want to. SSundee sighed. "It stands for Derp SSundee." I backed away from him. Away from the blood on his hands. Away from the insane look in his haunted eyes. "SSundee...this isn't you-" He glared at me, eyes suddenly burning with anger. "I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM ANYMORE SKY! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN I CAN'T EVEN CONTROL MY OWN BODY?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHO I AM WHEN EVERYDAY I WAKE UP WITH INNOCENT BLOOD ON MY HANDS AND CLOTHES?! YOU TELL ME SKY!" I was lost for words. I'd never seen SSundee so desperate. He stared back at me, eyes wild and full of fear. Suddenly he clutched his head, groaning in pain. My eyes widened and I darted forwards to help him but he backed away from me. He looked up at me, struggling to keep his eyes open. My stomach clenched as I saw his eyes halfway between crooked and straight. He was on the edge of madness; bordering on insanity. They filled with tears as he cried out in pain. "S-Sky! R-Run! Save y-yourself!" Then he screamed and I knew I had about 10 seconds before Derp SSundee tried to murder me. "I'll come back for you Ian...I promise." Then I turned and sprinted back to the city. Even as I ran, with the wind rushing in my ears and the blood pounding in my head, I could still hear his howls of pain and anguish as my best friend fought with himself to save the ones he loved...a cursed existence. I made a promise then, that no matter what happened, no matter how many murders he was forced to commit, somehow I would stick by his side and help him get through it. It still wasn't enough to make me forget the traumatised look in my friends' eyes when he told me he thought he was becoming the monster inside of him. But still, I was determined to make sure that that would never happen...