26. Wedding

MJ's wedding dress ⬆️
Peter Parker's PoV
"Ned I'm freaking out!" I said, pacing around in the dressing room.

Today was MJ and mine's wedding, at the moment I was freaking out in the dressing room with my best man, Ned, and everyone was outside, waiting for me to come out so MJ could walk down the isle.

"Come on Peter you can do this!" Ned said, taking my hand and taking me out of the changing room to stand next to the vicar where we would wait for MJ.

"This is so exciting." Ned said to me. "Can't believe you are actually marrying MJ, seems like yesterday we were in school, making Lego, MJ sitting on our table, ignoring us and reading. And now your marrying her, in this amazing place." He reminisced, glancing around at the wonderful wedding venue.

We were having an outside wedding. Everyone was sitting on the pews that has been brought out into the walled garden, flowers and plants blooming everywhere, snaking up the walls and wrapping around the trees. And next to me was a white rose arch, that me and MJ would stand under when we where being wed. It all seemed so surreal.

We where brought out of our haze as Morgan, our little flower girl, started walking down the isle, sprinkling petals along the floor.

It was time.

When MJ first stepped out I lost my breath. She was stunning.

She was wearing a long flowing white dress that dragged along the floor, the bodice was laced with flower pattens and so where the sleeves, and covering her face was a white vail.

To think that in a matter of moments I would be married to this woman blew my mind.

"Peter, close your mouth you don't want to swallow a fly before you kiss your wife." Ned whispered in my ear as I clamped my mouth shut from where it was hanging open in wonder.

As MJ was walked down by her father I stepped forward to greet her, taking her hand and walking her below the arch before removing her veil.

She was absolutely stunning. It was now I realised how lucky I was. How lucky I was to fall in love with this stunning girl, and how lucky I was for her to fall for me too.

All I wanted to do at this moment was to tell the vicar to shush so I could hold her in my arms and kiss her. But I think she'd be quite annoyed if I did that so I held myself back till our vows where said.

"Do you, Peter Parker, take thee, Michelle Jones, to be your wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part."

"I do." I replied, staring into MJ's eyes.

"And do you, Michelle Jones, take thee, Peter Parker, to be your wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do you part."

"I do."

"Bring forth the rings." The vicar said, calling forth little Morgan, who walked up with the little cushion holding the two golden bands that would being us together for the rest of our lives.

I carefully picked up the smaller of the two rings, sliding it onto MJ's finger as she did the same for me.

"You May now kiss the bride."

In that moment, everything faded away: the vicar, our friends and family clapping and cheering, Morgan jumping excitedly next to us. It was just we and MJ. Me kissing my Wife.