22. In battle side by side

Michelle Jones's PoV
"Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit." I murmured, pressing myself against a wall as another group of thugs ran past me.

Let's just say some, I don't know, terrorist groupies or something was attacking the school in the mindset that if they took all of us school children as hostages the government would do what they wanted.

And at the moment they were trying to round us all up.

I quickly looked around the corner to check no one was there before running down it. They had snatched most kids straight from the classrooms, trust me to be in the toilet when that happened.

Looking down the next corridor I saw a group of them, walking around.

"Hey! I saw someone." I voice shouted from the corridor.

Shit. I'd been seen.

I quickly took off back down the way I came, hearing the men's heavy footsteps running behind me.

Okay, think MJ. They may have guns and weapons, but you know the school, so use that to your advantage.

I sped down the corridors, before eventually landing myself in the PE hall. Shit. No exits except the one which I had entered through.

Looking around I ended up grabbing one of the weights from the corner of the room before hiding.

A few moments after I hid one of the men entered. "Come our little girl, I'm not going to hurt you." He cackled, his eyes scanning the room, a bat in his hands.

I stayed where I sat, shuffling further behind my cover of the gym matts till I could no longer see the man. A bit risky, meaning I wouldn't know where he was, but also, chances are that if I can't see him, he won't be able to see me.

As the footsteps came closer I shuffled back as far as I could before I heard a loud thump on the floor filled by a seemingly familiar voice.

"Ummm does anyone here need help or was he chasing his shadow?"

"Peter?" I said, coming out of my hiding space to see the guy that was chasing me knocked out on the floor and... Spider-Man?

"Peter? Pfft, who's Peter? Why would I know someone called Peter, I'm not Peter, MJ why would you think I'm Peter?" He rambled.

"Mmmhm so your just some random guy that sounds like the looser I know and also knows my name?" I questioned.

"Mmmh, good point but you can't tell anyone! You also need to leave now before these guys get you!" He explained.

"Hey, I can look after myself." I said, still holding the weight in my hands.

"MJ, I'm being oh my serious, you need to get out of here." He said again, just as another thug burst out of no where, I quickly shoved Peter out the way and whacked the guy in the head with the weight.

"Still think I can't look after myself?" I saod to him, looking down at the unconscious/maybe dead guy at my feet.

"Well, maybe not but still, at least if your gunna help get a better weapon." He said, looking sceptically at my weight.

I looked at him before sighing. "I'll be right back" I saod, walking out of the room and not long later arriving back with a mace in hand.

"Hooooly shit MJ where the hell did you find that!" Peter explained in shock.

"Mr Harris my history teacher keeps it under his desk. As you may guess he's fascinated by these objects.

"Okay..." he said, sounding slightly worried. "Well, um, I guess then we just go in and get our class mates back?" He said, sounding confused at his own plan.

"Sure." I replied, already walking out the PE hall, heading in the direction of the main hall, where the criminals where claiming they were holding the hostages. The one time random notes to the tv actually help.

We quickly made our way there, managing to avoid thugs on the way and soon arriving at the hall. A quick peek in confirmed the students where in there, along with around 40 other guys.

"K, I'll go up top and web people together, MJ, you go in, and try hit gently, we don't want you becoming a mass murderer okay? Even if it is in self defence." Peter said before we entered the room and the fight began.

Immediately all eyes where on us, every gun cocked in our direction. Peter took care of that first, swinging around and webbing away the guns whilst the men where too shocked to react, that's when I came in, immediately I began ducking and swinging and dodging attacks whilst retaliating with ones of my own, Peter taking them down more efficiently and also webbing up the ones I'd whacked.

Not long later we had either all the men webbed together in a cocoon or surrendering. That was until the boss decided to come up.

"EVERYONE FREEZE." He shouted across the room. "WE HSVE ONE OF YOUR CLASSMATES AND WEARE NOT AFRAID TO KILL HIM!"

"Shit." Peter mutters, stopping next to me. "Who do you have?" He shouted back.

"A KID CALLED PETER PAKER!"

Everyone gasped, looking around the room and noticing Peter was not amongst them.

Peter, whom stood next to me in his spider suit looked himself up and down confused.

"MJ! What do I do! They've kidnapped me!" He said to me frantically.

"Peter. You're right next to me, it's called lying." I saod to him, rolling my eyes.

"Oooh, yeah... I forgot about that."