Chapter 17 - Going back home...

Katy’s P.O.V

Its funny that, when other people talk about love, they always talk about the excitement, the butterfly feeling in the pit of your stomach and the happy feelings you get from it, but then, nobody explains what happens when the feelings gone and you feel alone, when those butterflies fly away and when the love goes to an end. They never really tell you that half of your heart is taken away from you, just thrown to the ground and left to die, making you have that gut wrenching pain in your gut, making you forget about everything and feeling numb. Or when your tears just keep flowing and burn your eyes after crying for days, making your cheeks warm from the tears, making your cheeks warm from the overflowing tears, those bags under your eyes and the blocked nose and banging headache because of the crying in your bed at night, no one ever tells you this, making you wake up in the morning bringing you back the the painful reality of not having from you inner most thoughts, those thoughts destroying you in the process...

I walked up the drive with Aoifa on th side of my waist, with the gravel crunching below my feet and Suitcase being dragged along, making a trail of 2 lines from their wheels.

This might be the last time I go up this drive, it all looked familiar, all the same before we all left for America, one difference was that the grass had been cut and their were more colourful flowers for the summer, 2 cars parked side by side like they haven’t been touched in years, brand new to be exact, the willow tree just at the side of the house, green as ever, the battered little bike shed still locked with the padlock limping from the metal hole it was locked into.

I walked up the steps, carefully going up one by one holding Aoifa and searched for the key in my bag, rooting everywhere around for it, finding it, I stopped for a second, wondering if this was a good idea, I left America 15 hours ago, leaving a tearful Niall who I, at the time, didn’t really care he was upset to be honest, he could of cried a waterfall and I wouldn’t of cared, he hurt me, so I hurt him.

The girls and their boyfriends were sympathetic to me, saying everything will be alright and that Danielle was coming back in a few days to keep me company, I was already frightened and also regretting of what I’d done, I left Niall without him explaining to me why he did that, I was too mad at the time, I couldn’t think properly, from experiences, they always lied, that she came onto him, that was the wrong way round, but then on the other hand, I was young at the time, an immature 13, 14 and 15 year old, what did I know about love, I was stealing with him, robbing with him and hanging out his ‘gang’, sleeping with his friends, yeah maybe for money but I knew them, they knew I needed the money, but right now, I didn’t know what I wanted, what was I going to do when I unlock and open this door, I didn’t have a job so how was I going to survive with no money, I had to feed Aoifa, I couldn’t loose that girl, if she was taken off me and I wasn’t aloud to see her again, I would commit suicide or just beg on the streets on London, she was my everything.

I plucked up the courage to finally open the door after unlocking it about 5 minutes ago, smelling the fresh furnished wooden decor and the fresh flowers, I put my bag and suitcase down and just walked around, feeling the softness of the fabric of the sofa where Aoifa crawled to it, burying her head into the cushions laughing and being glad she was back home.

I heard my phone ring from my bag sending out a loud glare of the sound of Niall’s ring tone “you gotta help me, I’m stuck inside your phone, answer it to set me free, hurry” I always thought it was funny when I heard it, knowing that was Niall’s ring tone, I just ignored it, I had about 100 messages from him but I hadn’t read them yet as I was still angry with him, I wouldn’t delete them, I would wait till Danielle got here and we’d read them together.