Chapter 52

We arrived to the camp house . Derrick , jeremiah , and my mama started getting the bags out . Zahari , me , and liberty started getting wood for a bond fire . As day turned into night , we all got chairs and blankets to sit around the fire and eat chilli beans . My mama told stories about when she was younger and when she was is labor with me . I felt pressure in my stomach but i didnt think nothing of it . Its probably because im full . But that wasnt the case . My back started hurting .

Derrick : you ok baby ?
Me : yea i think i have gas
Mama : i remember those days
Me : help me up

Derrick helped me up and as soon as i got up , i felt a pop and water just came rushing out of me .

Me : *breathes heavily* derrick its time

Jeremiah quickly put the fire out and we all rushed to the hospital . Liberty was in the car with kiera and jeremiah . My mama drove us to the hospital as fast as she could . Zahari and derrick was in the back with me .

Me : ooowwwwwwwww !

Derrick rubbed my back .

Mama : breathe sweetie

Zahari : YOU DID THIS TO HER !

Derrick put his hands up in defense .

Derrick : aye , she wanted it

I looked at derrick and grabbed his shirt

Me : ahhhhhhhhhhhh !

Zahari : breathe lauren . Mama deanna how far away from the hospital are we ?

Mama : about 10 minutes . Since im a doctor , ima need you to drive zahari

My mama pulled over to the side . Her and zahari switched .

Me : ZAHARI PLEASE HURRY UP !

I looked at derrick and he started sweating .

Derrick : is she dilating ?

Me : *screams*

Mama : shes 6 centimeters

Me : WHAT ?

Derrick : come on zahari !

Zahari : MOVE OUT THE WAY GRANDPA !

Zahari pulled up to the hospital . We quickly went inside and the nurses guided us to a room . They cut me out my clothes and gave me a nurse gown .

Nurse : ma'am ima need you to breathe

Me : I AM BREATHING ! YOU BREATHE !

Mama : lauren ..

Nurse : no ma'am , shes fine

I grabbed derrick's hand and squeezed it .

Derrick : ahh ! Shit lauren !

Me : this is YOUR FAULT !

Kiera , liberty , and jeremiah came in .

Nurse : do you want an epideral ?

Me : YES ! GIVE ME ALL THE DRUGS YOU HAVE !

The nurse ran out to get the needle and medicine . My mama patted my forehead with a cold wash cloth . That shit wasnt helping . The nurse came back with a doctor .

Doctor : there can only be one person in the room during this

Me : I DONT GIVE A DAMN WHOSE IN HERE JUST HURRY UP !

Derrick stayed and everybody else went out . He squatted infront of me .

Doctor : slouch for me

I did as he said and held derrick's hand as the needle went in my back . That was a long ass needle . Derrick rubbed my leg to comfort me .

Doctor : all done

Nurse : you did well

They left and everybody else came back in the room .