Chapter 46

Jeremiah drove and i sat in the passenger seat . Jeremiah was going about 61 . We sped past so many cars . When we pulled up to his sister's house , we banged on the door and rung the doorbell about 50 times a minute . His sister's name is Jordan . I heard her come to the door .

Jordan : im COMING !

She opened the door and i zoomed past her .

Jordan : well hello to you too

Me : where is liberty ?!?

Jordan : in kiera's room

Me : LIBERTY !

Liberty came out of kiera's room .

Me : liberty ! Lets go !

Jordan : whats going on ?

Jeremiah : ill explain later

Kiera and jordan stood at the door lost as we got in the car . Jeremiah took us back to the hospital .

Liberty : ma whats going on ?

Me : liberty derrick was shot last night by kiera's friend's dad RALF ! Your grandma was his prostitute and she told us that he is so dangerous that he dismembered 2 of his prostitutes because they didnt have his money . Did he touch you ?! What did he say ?!

Liberty : he just gave me some food and left . He also called me pretty and he said he needed to hurry up and leave because he has to go hide

That caused jeremiah to grip the steering wheel tighter . We pulled up to the hospital and went back to derrick's room . My mom was talking to derrick .

Derrick : yea i know

Mama : what happened ?

Jeremiah : he told liberty that he had to go hide

Derrick : ok , call the boys and meet up at the trap . Take over while im in the hospital . I need you to man

Jeremiah : ight bruh

Zahari came in the room . Jeremiah told her what happened . She knows about derrick getting shot and what not . But , of course she doesnt know about jeremiah taking over for derrick at the trap .

Zahari : where you going ?

Jeremiah : i have to go to the trap to round up the boys . We are going to go find this nigga

Zahari : ok

He kissed her and then left . Zahari came in and hugged derrick .

Zahari : im glad youre alive

Derrick : thank you

She nodded her head and sat beside my mama . This situation is more dangerous than it sounds because we dont know what ralf is capeable of . Jeremiah came back in the room .

Jeremiah : i need some more information about ralf so mama deanna do you mind coming ?

My mama looked at us . we need her to go because she knows alot about him . as much as she thinks it dangerous , its actually helpful . i nodded my head for her to go .

Mama : ok

She kissed my forehead , kissed liberty's forehead , and hugged derrick and zahari .

Mama : i promise ill come back to all of you

Jeremiah : same here

They left . this whole situation feels like they are going off to war . We held hands and prayed .