Chapter 41

•Yuri's POV•

I have no idea how long I was out for, and will never know that. It was broad daylight since I was cornered and still daylight now that I regained my consciousness. It could have been hours, maybe days. Quietly, I looked around and stood carefully from being on the ground. Since it was a little slippery, I stumbled a few times. I tried to check the first door my eyes saw. It was locked. Then I tried the window but a dog strained against the chain round its throat, staring at me with eyes red like blood. Panicking, I tried to move away from it. "Shit!" I cursed.

I remember I always keep a knife on my shoe so I cut the rope tied to my feet and hands and tried the window again. Luckily for me, it opened. I slipped out of it as carefully as I can and ran as far as my legs could carry me. The dog was barking so loud and I was really weak. No matter how much pain I was feeling, I tried my hardest not to look back. Finally, I reached the main road. I saw a vehicle approaching, waved at it and stopped the car. I told the driver and his wife what had happened to me so they took me to the nearest police station and made a report. Then I led the police to the place where I was held captive earlier. The only person in the house was their cousin, Mike, who had no idea I escaped from his guard.

•Kevin's POV•

"It's time to call dear daddy again. Let's see if he can get me the money." Owen stares at me intently.

He dials the number and begins to speak, "If you want to see him alive again, follow my instructions without deviation. I want $500,000 cash for Kevin's head. Tonight. I will tell you where and when you should send the money. No police involvement, Mr. Rifle. I haven't killed anyone...in a long time. Don't make my hands itch now."

He kept the conversation short and dropped the call.

"You picked the wrong guy." I prank him. "My father hates me. I bet he won't give you a cent."

"We'll see about that." He replied.

•Tristan's POV•

My only objective is to get Kevin - alive. No matter what the cost.

"We've got to find a way to rescue him." Kendra cries hysterically. "It's been two days. Please..."

"I have the money. I'll pay him. I will go and get it now." I assure her.

Before reaching my car, Gary runs to me. "Sir, you have an important call."

"Is it them?"

"Not Rivers."

"Not now. I need to be back here before those assholes call back."

"Trust me. You want to take this call. It's Yuri."

We all went back inside Kendra's house and I answer the phone call immediately. My hopes of getting Kevin back sooner increased. "Yuri? Are you alright? Where's Kevin?" I ask desperately.

"I'm fine, sir. But he's not with me."

"You were both taken two days ago. He said you two were together but you were unconscious. You didn't see him?" My heart cracks at his news.

"No, sir. They must have moved me somewhere else because I woke up alone this afternoon. I managed to escape and inform the authorities regarding my situation."

"Shit! Who was guarding you?"

"Mike, one of the cousins. Why?"

"Then they should know by now that he's taken by the police. Clyde warned me not to tell anybody."