Chapter 1

Hello beautiful person reading this! Before you start reading, I would just like to WARN you that this was my very first book on Wattpad & it is completely UNEDITED. There will be lots and lots of grammatical errors and things that might not make sense, therefore, please read at your own risk until an edited version has been completed. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. LOL. Enjoy! 

Lucille's POV

"Bye Belle," I said to my coworker as I hung my apron up on the wall. As I walked outside, I could feel the breeze hit my face. It felt good. I started my nightly walk routine home. As usual I was ending my 10 'o clock night shift at Yummy's Cafe. I hated walking alone in the dark, but what could I do? My mother and I only owned one car and she needed it for her work at the office most of the time. It sucked!

Through my night walk, I've seen a drunk man pee on a fire hydrant. I even caught a couple doing it in the alley. Ew. How public can people get with those things? At least I haven't been robbed or killed yet. See, I live with my mother. My father died when I was 10 after a drunk driver hit him. It has just been me and my mother ever since. We moved down to California after my father's death. My mother got a job offer and seeing that she couldn't cope with his death, my aunts and uncles decided it was best for us to move down to California. It sucks when all of your family members live in a whole different state from you.

It sucks not knowing many people here. I've always had a hard time making friends, and so ever since our move down here, 7years ago, I've kept a distance from many people. My best friend, April, also lived thousands of miles where the rest of my family members were.

Checking the time, I tried to hurry home, but then I saw a shadow from a distance. He pointed something at me. He got closer and closer. It was a knife. I guess that whole part about not getting robbed or killed was too fast, huh? I stayed still, frightened. This is the reason why I hated walking home alone.

"Please don't hurt me!" I cried out.

"Give me your money," he said. I stared at him.

"I said, give me your money!" he repeated as he walked closer to me with the knife towards me. I slowly backed away.

"Okay, okay. Please don't hurt me..." I said as I hurriedly searched for my money. My hands were shaking, I could not concentrate. All I could think about was, what if he kills me?  My mother would be alone. No, she wouldn't be okay. No, she needed me. I couldn't find my money, but I found my pepper spray that I kept with me at all times. I bought one for moments like these. In dark alleys, you never knew what was going to happen.

"I can't find it!" I told him, frantically. 

He looked angry and shouted, "Dont lie to me! Give me your bag!" 

He came closer to me and pulled my bag.

I couldn't let him have it. No... I couldn't. We played tug a war with my bag until I took my pepper spray and let the burning sensation hit his face.

"OW! You bitch! " He said covering his eyes. He rubbed his eyes and began charging towards me with the knife. Maybe I shouldn't have done that. I could not move my legs for some reason. They froze in position. 

I was scared for my life. Out of nowhere, a tall figure came out from the dark and charged him to the ground. I stared at the tall figure. He looked familiar. I've seen him somewhere. Where have I seen him? It's Ethan. He jumped on top of the robber and punched him. He took the robber's knife and punched his face one more time.

"Next time, try not to be such a wimp, huh?" With that, the robber ran away with blood dripping down his face. Ethan took the knife and threw it inside a trash can. He then looked back at me.

"Are you okay?" he asked me. I just stared at him with shaky hands. 

"Hey! I said, are you okay?" he spoke again. I realized I was staring so I nodded at his question.

"That's good!" he replied as he smiled gorgeously. The smile that all the girls at my school drooled over. "Why are you walking alone in the dark? Do you need a ride home?"

I shook my head. I continued staring at him. Ethan saved me. The most popular boy at my high school. The boy that was the topic of every girl's conversation day and night. He saved me.

"Hey!" I heard him say. 

"Huh?" I said, coming back from my train of thoughts.

"I said, I can give you a ride home. Where do you live?" he repeated the question that I didn't hear.

Ethan wants to give me a ride? Ethan... THE Ethan.

"No...its okay. T-th-anks for helping me," I stuttered nervously. I took another glance at him and started walking in the other direction when he pulled my arm.

"To be honest, I don't want to be a witness to a dead girl, so how about you let me give you a ride?" He said with such a soft smile. I complied and got in his car.

As he was driving, I kept playing with my hands. They were still shaky. I couldn't tell if it was because I was almost killed or because I sitting in the same car next to Ethan.

"So...," his voice broke the silence. I looked up to see him staring at me.

"What's your name?" he asked.

 He didn't know who I was. I sadly looked at him. I mean, why would he anyway?

He is Ethan Collins. And me? Well, I'm only Lucille James. 

Besides the fact that we had 1st and 4th period together, why would he need to know me?

"You look familiar. Do you happen to go to Norwalk High School?" he continued his questions. 

I just nodded.

"Wow, don't you talk? Are you mute? " He chuckled. Good thing we reached my house before I could respond. 

"Is this it?" I nodded and got out of the car.

Before I closed the door, I said, "It's Lucille". 

He looked confused by my sudden response.

"My name... Thanks again! See you in 1st period tomorrow," I finished before I gave a short smile and closed the door. He then drove off.

WHAT A CRAZY NIGHT.

----------------------------

Please show your love if you enjoyed this! This is one of my first on here so i hope you guys like it and continue to keep watch out for future chapters! :)