Chapter 12

We were sitting in silence for a couple of minutes now. He was eating the waffles my mom made, but I couldn't. I had so many questions that I needed to ask that I couldn't ask. Questions that took my sleep and life. I just stared at him. Without looking up, he joked, "You're either thinking back to how good last night was or you want to ask me a question. Which is it?" He looked up and smirked at me.

My face flushed a deep red. I was taken aback, "What are you talking about?"

"You know what I'm talking about. Ask me."

"I thought we couldn't get too personal."

"I thought we were working on changing our relationship."

"And what relationship is that?"

He stopped poking at his waffles, and looked up at me (with his beautiful eyes). "You. Me. Us." Us. That sounded good, but there was none.

"You're right. I do have a question. Are you done with those waffles?"

"If I am?" His eyes pierced into mine.

"Looks like you are." I got up from my chair. "You're welcome for the breakfast. You can go back to your kingdom now. The doors to my left." I sounded like a b****. I hated it, but there was no other choice. I grabbed our plates to throw in the sink. He grabbed my arm.

"You can go back with me to my kingdom." 

Oh no, him and his stupid words that got to me so much.

"Let go." He let go...I put the dishes in the sink and turned on the faucet. I could hear his footsteps walking towards me. His presence was strong. I was putting dish soap on the sponge when he grabbed my waist with his left hand and turned off the faucet with his right. I stood still. His touch got to me so much. "Don't." Of course he didn't listen. He turned me around.

"Ask me." I couldn't look at him. He gently pulled my chin so that my face was towards him. I tried not to make eye contact. He then cupped my face. "Ask me..." With the thought of how much I missed him this past week again, I felt tears forming in my eyes. Then, I felt it streaming down my face.

He started kissing the tears rolling down my face. "I'm here now...for good. I promise." His lips finally reached my lips in which he pressed it firmly to mine. Letting him overtake me, like usual, I kissed him back.

With his hands still on my waist, he lifted me up onto the counter as I held onto his face. He pulled me closer to him. It felt so good to have his lips on mine. As I melted in his kiss, all I could think about was how I could kiss him for a lifetime and beyond.

Why can't I hate him? It's like every time I start off so strong, I always end up so weak with his one touch.

We made out for awhile before both of us pulled away for a breathe. Our foreheads were still pressed as we breathed heavily with our eyes closed. When I opened my eyes, he was already staring at me. He looked...sad.

"I missed you..." he said. His words surprised me. I looked away and tried to jump off the counter, but he blocked me. "Now, ask me..." Should I take this opportunity? Where should I start? There was just so many questions of where, when, how, why? I felt nervous. I stared down at my lap and started playing with my hands.

He then kissed me. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm right here, listening."

I looked up to him and he was staring back. Looking up and down at him, I stuttered out, "Wh-where w-were you?"

"I was at training camp." 

With Heather?

"For how long?"